In car entertainment

I sent T.W a text to tell her that I was working at the same venue as her this week-end and would she like to travel down to Osaka with me. She replied that she was in Kyoto and would be traveling into Osaka from there.
I was on my own!
I kissed 'Miss Sleepy head' goodbye at 4:15a.m to go and meet the 5am train to Osaka.
Despite a nice cup of strong coffee and an interesting and in-depth glossy gossip magazine, I fell asleep on the train.
It was one of those strange sleepy dreams where I probably knew it was a dream at some level but in my dream I was acting out the last things on my mind before my eyes closed. It didn't seem like my eyes had been closed for very long before we arrived in Osaka. Almost two hours had passed seemingly within five closed eye minutes.
A taxi whisked me across the short distance to the Intex (international exhibition center) where I met up with some of the very nice and efficient promotional organizers and I also met Aoi, an old associate of mine who I have worked with previously at several fashion venues.
I got changed into my promotional outfit and then we met up with Yoshi, who had come over to check things out. Big sister is watching me!
"Try to look sexy" she says, as if I can look anything else (laughs) in such a small outfit.
"Look sleek, look slender and add curves and femininity to the product." She advised as she walked past the many exhibitors and the many more pretty girls with me to Axis stand.
"I'll make it all so enticing and desirable!" I winked.
All the free handouts, the pamphlets, the stickers and branded bags were in place as a I walked around. The big audio system on display in the car trunk on the stand with me looked like it could knock down the Biblical walls of Jericho. Watt!
T.W arrived late on the next stand over, bad girl she is! The public were already entering when she rushed over, smiling at me and looking around at her own stand.


Saturday was a long day! If I'm busy doing things the hours can pass quickly, sometimes too quickly but when I'm standing and slipping in between different poses and wearing a cheek straining smile for nearly twelve hours then the time passes extremely slowly! I watched T.W who is a natural and very professional and I imitated her a little but I also tried above all to be natural.
I am the axis of desirability! I am the product.
How natural can I be at such angles?
Everyone has a camera and as fantastic as the products are, everyone wants to capture the girls!
Choose the camera to look at and make sure the product is behind you and in frame. Pose!
I met the secretary to the head of advertising for Axis as she came in to visit. Yoshi actually told me she'd be visiting at some time during the day and so we were expecting her. She introduced herself and said that she was very pleased with the interest generated by the stands and the overall presentation. That was a delicious highlight of the day!
I'm sure she meant T.W and I (laughs) and the others!

After we closed on Saturday, we had a small room in a guest house rather than a room in expensive hotels and we had a roll out mattress instead of a bed but after a glorious hot bath after being on my feet all day, it was a taste of heaven. T.W and I had a meal together but didn't talk much. We spent most of that time on the phone, checking e-mails, voice messages and texts.
I slept soundly and woke at six for my shower only to find a problem with the water heater. One cold shower later and Momo with goose bumps loved the warmth generated by the friction of the towel.
One thing, no several things, that guest houses usually have over a hotel is a hot drinks area in the room, I can make hot tea or coffee whenever I choose unlike the three A.M call in a hotel that sometimes, if you are lucky, reaches a sleepy room service with several excuses. There was also an iron and if you don't realize how valuable that is then you don't frequent hotels! Mind you, I missed a well stocked mini bar in the corner.

We walked over to the center from the guest house to start all over again on Sunday morning. We met  Kamiko, a girl we had known at new faces, she was working the Yamaha stand which was some distance from us, but it feels good seeing familiar faces and feeling a part of the loop. Sunday's promotion seemed to pass a lot faster and the sugar fix of donuts at lunch time really worked! The doors were closed at six and by seven we were out of there. T.W was working the event on Monday too. We went back to the guest house, she to bath and relax and I to get my things and head for home.
We said goodbye and can't wait to meet again.

The work is easy when you look at it from the outside and even glamorous when you look at it from photographs but it hurts, it hurts in so many places! Your muscles soon remind you that you're used to sitting at a desk for some of the time and you are no longer sure if you are still wearing that smile that you've worn all day and there is nothing, I repeat, nothing more desirable that a hot shower. Nothing except perhaps than an ice cold beer and so I had one on the late train home.
Hitomi had a bubble bath ready when I walked through the door half an hour past midnight.
I couldn't eat a dinner and was glad of the noodles and soup on the train. She also eased some of the aches and pains in my muscles with her deft fingers. A hot bath, an ice cold beer and a delicious Hitomi feels like a cure for almost anything.

I've put a few images up and I just want you to know that behind the smiling images are a few aches and pains that only promotional event models and marathon runners truly understand.

Open Album here:
EDIT (Aug 2011; album removed)

2 comments :: In car entertainment

  1. I am happy to see a new post every time I visit your page and you continue to surprise us with so many new happenings and events.

    You seem to have a really busy schedule these days, trying to equally balance your job in writing and modeling. From the look of things, you are actually managing it well even though it may be really exhaustive and hard at times. Well that's how life is, you have to work hard and sweat in order to excel, nothing comes easily and as the saying goes...No pain no gain! besides standing all day is a good form of exercise :-P

    Hope you have had a good rest and I love your new promo photos. You look gorgeous and pretty as usual. Oh and that sexy little outfit looks so nice on you! Hope Axis would do well in the market.

    Lovely post as usual. Take care and enjoy your week

  2. I have read all your posts and I have to say sorry for not commenting as often as I should or could.
    I think comments are like sharing of opinions and complimenting your ideas with mine but mostly I find myself just nodding in total agreement.
    I like the little reactions check boxes and honestly I'm more likely to use those.
    Your photos are lovely as always and I think TW looks a lot like you, you could be sisters!

    Can I just add Junior hospital administrators also know those aches and pains!
    I hope you feel a lot better soon.

    Love Nancy

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.