A welcome to Spring

Hitomi has had a wonderful series of Spring photos with Ayaka, an exciting new model just establishing herself. She has a bright future.

I dropped the children with Tety's parents so they could have some time with them again. I still felt a little awkwardness between us but that's something I'll have to accept from them. I will not have it said that I deny my children time with his side of the family.
After a tepid fifteen minutes of standing outside their door talking with them, since they did not invite me in, I left the children there with instructions to phone me at once if there was any problem.
I did not expect any and as it turned out there were not any - well not until I picked them up later.

I drove up to meet Hitomi and spend a little time at the studios in my apparently new voluntary role of makeup and hair department head which I don't mind at all and then we all drove down to Ueno Park for a shoot - some of which appear here.



 
On Tuesday night I put extensions into my children's hair so they could get ready for Wednesday night's Dance recital. Parents had been invited on the Sunday into rehearsals and Hitomi and I had enjoyed seeing the children's skills. Last January when the Angels had so desperately wanted to learn dance, Hitomi enrolled them into the junior class at her old studios. They loved it and the school put on a small recital on Wednesday evening by the senior students but there was a short introduction led by the junior classes. In a dance entitled welcoming the Spring with music for the main event being a joyously played and wonderful rendition of the spring section of Vivaldi’s 'The Four Seasons.' The juniors danced to an inspiring if shortened arrangement of Schumann’s 'Spring' Symphony, I must say that it simply had us all enthralled.


It was a wonderful evening on the night with excellent and almost faultless performances by everyone. All the children received great applause and a beautifully presented bouquet afterwards. As proud parents, Hitomi and I stood and applauded everyone but in our hearts, our angels truly thrilled us. Even Hitomi had tears of joy in her eyes - I think I am not the only one to sneeze.
The night truly belonged to the students, it was their hard work and dedication that allowed them to produce such a spectacular event that every parent in the audience would have been beaming with pride at such achievements.
Well done everyone, teachers and students was our sentiment.


2 comments :: A welcome to Spring

  1. It's always very pleasant to see you and Hitomi as proud parents. These moments of joy and thrill will bring you both the happiness and fullfilment in future and I'm sure these feelings are accompanying you all the time now. Your sweet daughters look fantastic in their dancing outfits and with hair extensions - I'm sure they had fun and made you proud again.

    The models (Hitomi, Ayaka and you Momo)look great - in my European eyes this photo shoot is beautiful because it's so natural - Japanese style that we can find in magazine (scans are all over the Internet) is just over-made. The girls in the covers looks gorgeus but I always wonder how much effort they had to put to look like that! You girls look very pretty and adorable - good luck with your next shoots!

    Hugs&Kisses

    Cherry

  2. Thank you Ania, my children are always my source of joy. They are eager to learn, eager to experience something new and they take their place in our family as the happy girls they are. Once interested in something, like dance, they do put great effort into this and then perhaps will teach their friends dance moves in the schoolyard.
    It is pure joy to have them back home where they belong.

    Thank you for the compliment on the models (I only tried the kimono - I did not pose).
    Beauty is a very wide spectrum and we all see differently but presentation is important. First the makeup and the hair, great care is taken to give her a look, often with over emphasized colouring and shadow. The clothes are a fashion statement in themselves and the setting must also reflect a mood.
    The models must be able to project mood and ambiance and he or she will do this with angles and expression.
    The photographer is the most important for with their camera wielded correctly, along with lenses, lights, filters and reflectors will capture her work along with color, shape, shadow, background and depth.
    There is a lot of work involved really and a lack of attention in just one area can spoil the whole days work.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.