Spring Traditions

It was the kind of rain you wouldn't normally notice as you drew back the blinds to a morning where the sun had not yet risen. The road outside was a wet reflection of the surrounding neighborhood but you had to look closely and directly at the street lights to see the rain streaking past its immediate luminescence. Miss Mayhem showered while I made us both an early breakfast. She had a busy morning ahead of her with deliveries of equipment, props and costumes arriving at the studios ready for a full weekend of traditional themes.

I took my bath after she'd left. The Angels were going to stay with Rina. My Father believed and so do I, that our children should experience, wherever possible, the work that their parents do and learn first-hand if possible, all the activities that support their lives. We all have to appreciate the importance of labor. They have seen the studios and indeed modeled, they have seen me in attendance at my promotional events and they have seen me rather busy at my desk preparing articles and Rina now wants them to see the everyday life behind the scenes of the restaurant.
I do not get any income from the restaurant (although I would receive a percentage if Hiro ever sells the business) but it has a great effect in our close family and thanks to my very generous parents, we will always have our home here.
There are of course times that I help out downstairs, waitressing or cleaning but it is mainly the domain of Hiro and his staff.
It is also important that the Angels have their study time and their family time and of course time for themselves.

The rains and unusually cold weather for the dawning of spring this year has delayed the opening of the Sakura but this week they are finally in full bloom and can be enjoyed by everyone.

I met up with Hitomi just before ten and we enjoyed a little walk in the park together amidst the welcome signs of spring.
There is something wonderful about being immersed within the new season, to witness the visual beauty of nature and to inhale the sweet aroma of her blossom. It is a mixture of feelings inside, it is invigoration and happiness to simply just breath. It is an expression of thankfulness for deliverance from the cold harsh winter past and of the hope of an approaching long warm summer. It is remembering that we too are living things as we walk amongst natures grand diversity of other living things. It is the human mind being able to embrace our immediate sensations as art and as poetry. It is the experience of pure pleasure.
After coffee and food she went back to work and I had a hair salon appointment for a trim.


On Saturday we had the pleasure of models Nia, Rie and Sayuri visiting our studios for a traditional beauty shoot and Hitomi just totally impressed me as I stood a little in the background while she directed and organized the set, the techs and our beautiful models.
I am the assistant hairdresser and makeup and I make tea and I'm also quite happy to do that.
On Sunday the fabulous Nia returned for another shoot and I must admit that she is just total grace. I watch her work and I'm just totally enthralled. During the shoot Hitomi hardly needs to say anything except to offer words of encouragement and perhaps have her hold a pose for a different angle and adjust the lighting. Hitomo told Nia what she wanted right from the begining, the mood and the expression and she gave Hitomi all she wanted and more. Niaa's the kind of girl with ideas and will try them out. Not every photographer likes that because they expect a strict adherence to a set idea they have whereas Hitomi likes the impulse and sparks of creativity no matter the source.
Please enjoy some of their hard work.

1 comments :: Spring Traditions

  1. I love the sound of rain on a tin roof in the spring, the early morning dew on the blue bonnets and the song birds taking refuge among the branches of the trees. Have you ever stood under the canopy of a great tree and listened to the rain? It is a symphony...

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.