We took a private room in the restaurant and Nanako, Hitomi and I shared a wonderful meal of Ton jiru, Pork and vegetables with Miso soup, chawan mushi, egg custard with chicken, shrimp and shitake mushrooms, sukiyaki a beef hotpot, steamed rice and a strawberry daifuku for dessert and two chilled bottles of Groth Cabernet Sauvignon washed it all down. We drank Bailey's coffee to bring dinner in the restaurant to a satisfying conclusion.
Then we retired to our apartment upstairs where we relaxed to a little music and spoke about things in general such as business and Saturdays shoot. It's good to get some new material ready after appearing in a music video to engage the interest of new clients. Nanako wants me to do a little video with her sometime soon and I've agreed in principle but I'll have to see the role first before I put any signature to paper. We also discussed the things most important to us over another nicely chilled bottle.
So what is it we all want?
- A haircut that looks great even in the wind and the rain.
- Shoes that make us look taller, that look great and we can actually walk comfortably in them.
- More space on the metro.
- To be appreciated for more than just the way we look.
- An end to suffering and petty power struggles.
- Every child to have a chance for a successful future
Hitomi was an absolute darling making breakfast and having it ready before Nanako and I woke, after which we had to get ready for the day. Hitomi went off to her dance class while Nanako and I went to her hotel to get some things and a change of clothes for her.
We met up with the crew at Yoyogi train station where we had some coffee together and shared a little light banter to allow me to get to know them and break the ice so to speak. Nanako took charge of the shoot herself with camera and direction. She took us for a ninety minute outside shoot in a nearby park before going onto the location which turned out to be the sports annex of the Showa Women's University in Setagaya. "Be a light to the world" is the university's motto and it's a motto that I particularly like.
It is probably worth noting that lights come in many colors! We can all make contributions in our own way.
I have had to turn down several events and promotions that could have been quite lucrative for me, not only in financial terms but also in terms of opening other avenues because of my commitment to my prime position. I've discussed this with Hitomi and of course with Nanako and Yoshi, a dear friend of mine and someone I am eternally grateful to for this opportunity.
The truth is that there have been several times that I've considered terminating my position at the magazine and take up a full time position with the agency. Even before Yoshi offered me a chance and I was trying to break into this field I had thoughts or future hopes about it in such a manner. I have to admit though that it is just a fantasy really all things considered. I will age and even if I could command as many appearances as Hitomi does now, how long would it last? I can still sit at my desk creating articles when I wear white hair and wrinkles! Yes, it is as are all things in life, a gamble and Hitomi is not idle regarding her future. She is still undertaking her media studies as well as hoping and trying to get on the sensible side of the camera. At least she lives with someone who doesn't mind being in front of her lens. Unless some major occurrence happens, I shall err on the side of caution and maintain my current status quo.
Would anyone like a donut?
Apparently a sugar fix is all you need to keep going.

As usual I've uploaded some sample prints to my private albums.
Those with access can have a look.
Click here for the album
I've added a check box feature so that those of you too shy to comment can make, if you feel so inclined, your opinion known.




0 comments :: Nana directs
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.