This bubble is about to burst!
I am initially setting this blog deletion date for Wednesday 31 August but a lot can happen between then and now.
I will be making my new one private so if you want access - just send me an e-mail at
j a z z p l a y e r 7 4 [AT] y a h o o [DOT]c o m (no spaces).
I think I want a hiding place now where I lick my wounds. It will be my lair, my little corner away from the spotlight of the public stage (or page) and just have my internet page open on my proverbial desk so to speak as my therapeutic place where friends and regulars may drop in read my ramblings and comment if you wish.
It's funny how when someone is no longer a part of a couple that interested parties are eager to let you know that they are available! I'll just have to stop hanging in lesbian bars. I have no intention of filling the void for the sake of having something. I have the need to get over what was and I need some time just to let my hair down and just be me. It's not so much a grieving as it is a breathing space to allow me to get used to being one now rather than two. Young free and single but not abusing it!
Dad, who is retired now, has gone on business to Osaka. It's funny how he still works in his retirement but I know how reluctant he is to just stop. I was going to travel up there on Friday night but I'll have to postpone my trip now. I'm working next week-end and then I have one or two jobs in the weeks after that so I have missed my chance for a relaxing time in Hokkaido.
Terutaka invited me to be his 'significant other' at his office party and since my social calendar is pretty dire, sorry looking and meager at present I of course said yes. He picked me up and as we drove across the city I popped a piece of gum in my mouth to freshen my breath.
He said that I chew gum like a person of low standing. I must do a survey to see how people of various standing across the community chew their gum sometime!
Yeah but I can still blow bubbles like we did at school and I did so to his utter amazement.
The party was slow and full of young men in suits who were nodding to every word that the older men in more expensive suits said. It seemed that only the seniors had wives or girlfriends or 'significant others' with them and all the very young and new looking men just hung together and made me think about the herding instinct in higher animals. While Terutaka went and talked to a couple of guys, only one of which had a more expensive looking suit than Terutalka, I was left by the bar (big mistake) and I was trying my best to empty the Black Russian vodka bottle. One of those very young guys who stood a little taller than his immediate colleagues was giving me the eye. I winked at him to his delight and to prods of encouragement from his friends but before I could play and perhaps get him really embarrassed, Terutaka came up behind me, his hands resting on my shoulders and he asked me to slow down a little on the drinks. I'd only had three and the two before that didn't count because they were white rums! My idea of a party is to relax and enjoy the occasion and have ourselves a little fun but apparently not at that venue. Once the drinks were flowing a little more liberally amongst the rest of the guests Terutaka took me along a few corridors to show me his office. We found it interesting in finding a 'couple' up there who were not a couple from downstairs. Well they were from downstairs but they were not 'together' downstairs if you see the picture. She'd been with someone else! I guess they thought we were off to do what they had hopes of doing. Or maybe he was showing her his office.
Hey wait a minute... why do you want to show me your office?
"Blow me a bubble Momo." He asked.
And I did!
Incidentally: Did anyone notice the theme of my blog titles so far this year?

It will be a shame to see this bubble burst :-(
I've just emailed you, Momo. Hope you are well.
Simon B
August 07, 2011 8:00 PM