A drop in the ocean

Dad phoned and asked if I was alright. (You know I cannot kick him despite what threats I made several posts ago!) I said that I was fine and my friends had really gathered around me and made me feel good. Dad asked after Terutaka and I said he had been instrumental in keeping my head above the water line to which Dad replied "Mizu no awa!" ('Bubbles on the water)
This means a great deal of effort applied to something that is now wasted.
Well even those bubbles burst I thought to myself but it wasn't a total waste. I loved and I was loved and I had a happy five and a half years. It is just a painful thing moving on from that.
Dad then asked if I working the same venue as Hitomi on Sunday and I told him that I was.
He said that he'd already seen the promotional poster by spa world.
More water!
Stay professional I was advised.
I know he means well and I do have slight reservations inside but yes, I will do my best as always.
I am quite looking forward to meeting Amemiya, he has everyone laughing. Dad said he'll see me there since he's staying in Osaka until early next week.
I am more nervous about dad in the audience somewhere than meeting old flames.

1 comments :: A drop in the ocean

  1. I hope you can feel the comfort of a warm towel after this dip in saltiness =T Parents can say the most provoking things sometimes...good luck!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.