I remember that my first reaching into the internet world was just the occasion emails with friends and of course the FTP with the server at work. Then with messenger and the connection to friends and discovering the mayhem and chorus of minds all wanting to say little yet still demanding to be heard chat rooms and slowly the world was coming into my home. I used to go to a "girls only room" that seemed to be much more civilised and I'm sure you know what I mean and had fun with a lot of friends that I made there. From looking over a site that one of my dearest online friends loved, I found an on-line forum from the sidebar links. That site no longer exists although some of the people I met on it are still in contact with me. I visited several more and found many bad ones and a few good ones. They become like little clubs and you can feel a part of it. It was in the forums where I became aware of blogging and fell in love with the idea of writing out the madness that crossed my mind. I still like to interact on a forum though.An extension of my Yahoo experience was the Yahoo 360. I believe it was an attempt of mixing together the yahoo profiles and add a taste of what social websites could offer by connecting people. I enjoyed it and my blogging was done in that place and I had some lovely people come and comment and offer me different perspectives and some great opinions. Now the 360 team are working on a replacement from the 360 and the promised it for us in Spring 2008. I have seen the Yahoo Mash and hope that this is not what they had in mind! But that's a personal opinion, sorry!. While they are working and committing all of their time on the replacement, the 360 lies forgotten by them and falls into disrepair like the crumbling stones of history abandoned. I can no longer blog in such an environment and looked at several places to move. Thankfully I found Blogger.com and liked what I saw. It would be lovely for any 360 friends that also suffer the frustrating inconsistencies of Yahoo decay to come here and create a place for their thoughts too. Nothing remains the same and even stone will fall to dust so I close my Yahoo 360 chapter and will now enjoy my time here. I expect many will stay to the end just for the connection and groups and community spirit and I can't fault them for that.
Thank you all. As BoA sings it, please remember my name!

Jazz, Once met, who could possibly forget you?
Love,
Ron
Smiling Pig ©
March 24, 2008 12:25 PMI have been trying to post a comment. am testing this out.
sashi
March 28, 2008 2:19 PMGood! now it works.
I have come out of hiding although I never was trying to forget you.
As Ron has said, "who could forget you".
We are back together again.
In this world of uncertainties we are only as blossom floating on the updrafts of an invisible wind. When the wind drops without warning the blossom drifts back to earth. We are no more, no less.
sashi
March 28, 2008 2:30 PM