I had a radiance facial to brighten my face which I felt had become a little dulled. Being in hospital and then trying home treatments just can't do the radiance like the salon can. A little eyebrow shaping and eyelash perm, a full pedicure and manicure and then a touch up on the nails with trying the transparent glitter gels. I took the long squares because if I will wear these then why opt for small ones? My hair is back to normal for a few days with the dyes cleaned out and my scalp has relaxing cream so I'll wait to go add my color until next week. I felt really really great after that and then I promised myself some new shoes, so I go and look around.
One of my favorite places for shoes is Charmant in 109. I love the displays and I love the service and of course, there are always some wonderful bargains. I was only 40 minutes in there even if I was three hours in other outlets. I just couldn't decide between two pairs that really appealed to me and so I ended up with both pairs of course.
Well I haven't treated myself for a long time and I think it's important that we all do that occasionally.
Friday night I was at my old haunt the Lexington with the girls. It's just been too long since I played there last. The reassuring greetings from people that seem to belong to memories from years past although its only been two months. In some kind of weird feeling it's like learning to be me when for sometime I have been someone else.So I ask you when did you last treat yourself?
And what made you feel that you deserved it?

Monday was the return to work that I promised myself and although I had eagerly looked forward to my return When I awoke I was thinking if I can find a reason not to go. I knew I was going to go because I have no reason not to go. It was just my nagging little doubts asking if I'm really strong enough and it's not too soon.
I have just returned from a small break and a happy week-end where I'm not making excessive demands upon myself. But as I got into the office I was greeted by some who were earlier than me and by a pile of folders on my desk with a welcome back card signed by the whole office. Sweet!
We had the week start meeting with planning and outlay and it seemed like I spent the whole morning and lunch and afternoon on the phone organizing appointments. I am really not worried by mountains of work and usually I like to break for lunch and head out of the office and recharge.
It's like a breath of fresh air after confinement.
By Wednesday I'm out on my first appointment and again it is a working lunch and I feel like an athlete that has forgotten to go training for two months. By the time I get home and eat with Hitomi and we share the news of our day, I am falling asleep.
Perhaps we dread some moments and feel unready for them but wishing them away is defeatist.
We stand and we embrace those moments and give a good account of ourselves.
No one really likes endless delays.


"I just couldn't decide between two pairs" - on the right so nice shoes ;) Ohhh, so hard to have more tnah one pair of shoes )))
М.Врединка
August 15, 2008 11:16 PMI know the feeling, so hard to choose between the two. :)
quietman
August 19, 2008 11:53 AMquietman, between the two shoes or women? ;)
М.Врединка
August 21, 2008 12:57 AM