
Despite an occasional thunderstorm that tries to cool everywhere down, the heat is relentless. My apartment is air conditioned but I prefer to have that off and have the windows and balcony door open. There's nothing like a nice evening up on the roof garden with iced drinks and good company.
There was a commercial for an air cooled bed that I found quite amusing at first here and here and then after a few hot sticky nights I rethought since it is very low on energy demand. I may have to seriously consider getting one if the hamster stops running in his wheel at night.
I've decided to return to work on Monday, quite a lot earlier than I expected but I feel so much better and I know they miss me, yes I promise to take it easy and not rush into the marathon just yet. Friday I am going to pamper myself with a full facial, my hair and nails done and just perhaps, a new pair of shoes. Oh yes, I feel this is that edge I need just to push jazz's LED indicator lights up to a full recharge display.
I have had my little niece, Kiyoshichan, stay with me for a couple of days while my brother travels north on business. We played dressing up and finger paints and we went swimming to cool off but all the pools are very crowded, the idea was very popular with many people.
Is it hot where you are?
What do you do to keep cool?
Freeze towels and place them in your armpits.
Good to see you looking so well, Jazz. You look fit enough to run in the marathon at the Beijing Olympics.
It's not that hot here - people just use electric fans to keep cool. Ice cream and cool drinks help a lot too.
They sell some strange stuff in that shop where they sell the bed; I particularly like the 'shouting vase' to keep your anger in, not that I need it.
Stay cool.
quietman
August 08, 2008 10:15 AMMind over matter...you think it is hot, you feel it. Remember as a child when you didn't notice the heat, when you would play outside all day and not feel it at all. I try not to dwell on it and think of the things I used to do when I was much younger, well that and a glass of cold green tea helps...
Good to see you back and in good spirits...
Ron
Smiling Pig ©
August 08, 2008 11:26 AM