Holiday






















It has been wonderfully warm, the sun shining brightly and all the summer flowers are in full bloom. Even the fresh fruits on the markets look huge and succulent. The hot climate this summer has made me not only buy huge amounts of ice cream and iced drinks but it also inspired the two of us to get some cool sea air.
Getting out was perhaps a welcome break now I've had time to recuperate.
We drove over to the coast and just being there with the cool breezes coming inland from the sea was as refreshing as it was invigorating.






















We went out on the water in a fast boat to get the full cooling effect and maybe that was overkill because I think twenty minutes out I was starting to suffer frostbite and by the time we got back into the harbor I was a popsicle. Hitomi was fine because she brought her hood top out in the boat and I'd left mine in the car thinking she will sweat in that.
Where is Jazz? Oh there she is under all that bird-skin (goose bumps)
So back where nature intends us to be and solid land beneath our feet again, she is drinking iced fruit juice and I'm having hot tea.

















But as noon approaches the day becomes hotter and hotter and we soon stripped down for a swim in the sea.

















All the splashing around soon makes you hungry and the smell of cooking meats along the sea front whets our appetites.

I think getting away from home into a new place where you can relax and enjoy contributes a lot to good health. I feel great now and vastly improved from the lethargic and almost cataleptic like state after coming home from hospital. I can shout to the world now and say "I'm back and better than ever!"




We only had a couple of days by the sea because her vacation isn't until September and she's back to work on Saturday. But when she gets her break I will take mine and we hope to go to Okinawa which is her favorite place of all and I hope we'll go to Otaru again and have a real good break. This week Yu Yamda, the actress was here in Shibuya planting trees as part of the green drive. I think someone once said that cutting down the rain-forests will stop a lot of oxygen production but that's just a scare. Most or our oxygen is produced by the algae in the sea, so cut a tree if you must, but stop polluting the oceans. Hiro has had some information sent to us about photo-electric cells up on the roof to give us some free electricity, lower our supplied fuel charges and taking for free that which the sun gives to us.

I wish you all a wonderful summer
Are any of you going on vacation anywhere, where are you going to take your holiday?
Let me know.
Build me a sandcastle

3 comments :: Holiday

  1. Ehh, that sea looks so clear... I wish I could have seen it. In fact I wish I was there... Seems like you had lots of fun ^.^

  2. Sounds like you're recovering well and that you two had a great time! That's wonderful. We went on a cruise this summer - a short little jump to the Caribbean Islands on Royal Caribbean Cruise lines. If you check my blog - some of the pictures of our vacation are scrolling on the page.

  3. i've been reading your blog for a while and very often your posts open up my mind :) thank you.

    i agree with the comment your friend made. seas are soooo clear in Japan! i visited japan myself for the first time a month ago. and i simply love it, truly love it! you're lucky to live in a beautiful country :)

    keep on writing Jazz!! have a great day.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.