The girls from the office are all smiles today and we have a good reason. Despite the torrential downpour of rain outside, it is sunny inside because we were so lucky to each receive complimentary tickets for two people to attend the TGC, the 'Tokyo Girls Collection' which is a fantastic fashion show at the Olympic stadium in Yoyogi, twice a year, one for spring/summer collection in March and one for autumn/winter collection in September.Because this show is open to the public and not just the buyers, designers and journalists, the tickets are more difficult to find than a critic with someone he looks up to.
Another fantastic thing is that everything we see modeled is available right now in the stores. This is real street wear and often we can get free sales vouchers for 10 or 20% off the retail price. I was there in 2006 and I got a handful vouchers for Litira. Heaven!
Wait, wait, I'm not done yet, guess who's going to be performing there?
Only my favorites, Puffy Amiyumi, yay!
Check out their music in this player:
|
Hitomi is free on September 6 so no dance class for her on that morning, we'll just go and get seen at the only place to be in the city...
Oh my stars, what am I going to wear?
New outfits, new shoes, new crisis!

Animoto.com is a site where you can make some little short videos from your photographs and put them to a musical track. You can make a 30 second short for free or pay and have DVD quality. I thought I'd give it a go and see what results I get. Momo quickly throws in some old pictures and chooses a nice tune...
OK, not bad! It looks like something quickly thrown together because that's all it was! But the uncontrolled effects behind the photos were nice. Quentin Tarantino has no competition from me yet but there's always tomorrow.
I'll say "Hi" to a new reader from Canada who visits me very often.
Welcome to planet Tokyo
hey Jazz, I just wanted to say hello!
It's good to see that you are updating your blog quite often these days. As you probably already know, whenever I'm online, the first thing that comes to my mind is to check whether there are recent additions to your journal and the past few days turned out to be really surprising...whenever I visit I find something new! yay and wohoooo!
I talked to April last night and she mentioned to me that you were not feeling well. Hope you are feeling better today and if not, I wish you a quick recovery.
Have a pleasant,enjoyable and fruitful new week!
Take care.
Tigger
Anonymous
September 01, 2008 2:22 AM