Interested in a review on http://jazz-journal.blogspot.com/ ?

I found this in my mailbox:



Interested in a review on http://jazz-journal.blogspot.com/ ?
From: "G G" gg162008@yahoo.com

Hello,

I'm the webmaster of http://www.moveme.com I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our site on your blog http://jazz-journal.blogspot.com/

If you agree we will send you a payment for the review.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you
G. G

If you want to receive more paid review proposals, just click the following link:

http://www.seoblogreviews.com/subscribe.py?param=d829967a4f6381f9af9a09884cbb6f00

If you don't want to ever receive mails from us, just click the following link:

http://www.seoblogreviews.com/unsubscribe.py?param=d829967a4f6381f9af9a09884cbb6f00




I really am suspicious of these types of mails and I never click links in mails. Am I really surprised that the subscribe and the unsubscribe links are exactly the same? Suspecting the usual scams I quickly searched Google and was surprised to only find one instance of it. I found it on Mobile Computing Passions blog and so I added a little comment.
The Moveme.com and the seoblogreviews.com (the links) have different owners according to whois source. You can click each link those to see the whois detail and not be directed to the sites.
If this was a genuine instance the approach would be very different. Every part of me screams "scam!". I just don't know what kind.

8 comments :: Interested in a review on http://jazz-journal.blogspot.com/ ?

  1. hey...
    i got the same message just recently..few days ago.

    Figured it was some sort of scam too...so I just sent them a reply, just to see if its a computer generated message or not...

    Their message was sent on october 2nd.
    This was my reply..
    "Hi,
    Sure, I don't mind writing a review for your website. Have already checked it out and its quite legitimate.
    Are there any specifics that you wish for me to mention in the review? Any details or points that I should include?"

    Today I got their answer...
    "Hello,

    The review must be at least 300 words in length with 3 good links going to the website.

    We will pay you $10, paid in advance through Paypal.If you agree, please send me your Paypal ID so I can make payment and send you the keywords."

    Now i am all messed up. Typed up the person's email id on google search hoping it will give me some links so I can figure out whether its legit or not...only got one result...yours.

    Am wondering whether to give my paypal account id or not...

  2. Personally I would suggest you do not. Especially when the same message - different website appears on yet ANOTHER Blogger site:

    http://gud-morning-hyderabad.blogspot.com/2008/09/interested-in-review-on-httpgud-morning.html

  3. Hey Jazz!

    Awesome blog you have here!

    I've got the EXACT same email too!

    Hello, I'm the webmaster of http://www.moveme.com I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our site on your blog http://joelthelegendary.blogspot.com/ If you agree we will send you a payment for the review. Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you G. G

    I'm not too sure if it's for real or not and it seems like there are other bloggers ho have earned from it. Link:

    http://cyza.us/2008/09/seoblogreviewscom-is-it-a-new-pay-per-post-program/

    I'm kinda stuck =/

  4. Thanks for your kind remark.

    No need to be stuck!
    The link you offer is a question.
    Is it a new pay per post ?

    The person who commented before had exactly and I mean word perfect, the same mail except his was the webmaster of http://www.best-pheromones.com asking for a review.

    If the thought of 10 dollars of an unspecified national denomination, for a 300 word article on a website that seems to be as exciting as watching a TV test signal over-rules your sense of safety concerning your online banking security please go ahead. If you see some relation between the real owners of those websites (check whois) and Giotto De Filippi, go ahead. An individual search of him shows that he has around 50 websites registered to him and although this is not a crime in itself, it does also conform to the hit and run scam style websites for grab your cash and then move websites once one is closed down. I am in no way suggesting that this is the case in this instance, I merely offer my own thoughts regarding this incident.

    My Advice is do not.
    But if you do, please proceed with caution at every step and back out if ever you feel uncomfortable.

    And if it is real then my apologies to Giotto and everyone enjoy your $10.
    But in my experience, someone asking for a review would approach you in a very different manner.

  5. I'm like you - it just screams "scam!" but I can't figure out what kind, either.

    In giving your paypal ID, you are only giving your email address. ::shrug::

    However, I don't like liars. I wrote and asked for information about the company and got a very vague "we are a US based company." Oh, really? And how many of us found Giotto in Italy when we did a Whois search?

    Why the cheesy sign-up sheet instead of a real Web site complete with "About us," proper contact info, a privacy policy, etc.? I was impressed by the personal email and response, BUT - everything else screams "scam!" Why? I don't know - but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with alarm bells ringing in my head.

  6. Hi All,

    I received this too:

    Hello,

    I'm the webmaster of http://www.subliminal-tapes-self-improvement.com
    I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our site http://www.subliminal-tapes-self-improvement.com on your blog http://chick-a-lodeon.blogspot.com/

    If you agree you can choose between receiving a product sample or receiving a payment.

    If you choose the product sample instead of the payment the sample is yours to keep and you don’t need to send it back.

    The product sample that you can get is a subliminal mp3 and you can see it there: http://www.subliminal-tapes-self-improvement.com/subliminal_tapes_self_improvement_online_catalog.html

    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Thank you
    F. B

    If you want to receive more paid review proposals, just click the following link:

    http://www.seoblogreviews.com/subscribe.py?param=c2973f628e89b3612744f75f9c777741

    If you don't want to ever receive mails from us, just click the following link:

    http://www.seoblogreviews.com/unsubscribe.py?param=c2973f628e89b3612744f75f9c777741

    It does sound scammy and Jazz, you're right..$10 for a 300 word review on a sublimi...zzzz...nothanks!

    Thanks all, for your feedback.

  7. Here we go, again...


    Hello,

    I'm the webmaster of http://www.moveme.com
    I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an
    unbiased review of our site http://www.moveme.com on your blog
    http://onyxinvestments.blogspot.com/

    If you agree we will send you a payment for the review.

    Please let me know if you are interested.

    If you are interested please click here to receive your money:

    http://www.seoblogreviews.com/acceptreview.py?param=a7287ba9b297d0bb1902b5b8752ff2ed

    If you want to receive more paid review proposals, just click the
    following link:

    http://www.seoblogreviews.com/subscribe.py?param=a7287ba9b297d0bb1902b5b8752ff2ed

    If you don't want to ever receive mails from us, just click the
    following link:

    http://www.seoblogreviews.com/unsubscribe.py?param=a7287ba9b297d0bb1902b5b8752ff2ed

    If you have any questions just send a reply to this email.

    Thank you

    Who is ZR? I typed up a reply asking these people how and where they heard of me; and why they think I would be a good match to do a review.

    I have gotten no answer.

  8. Thank you for posting this! I did not receive a email but was looking for alternatives to Pay Per Post, when I came across the site. Kinda of a turn off looking at it, glad you posted about it. :D

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.