Perhaps there is a lot to be said for 'getting away from it all!" I did feel a little suffocated and yet strangely trying to leave it all behind me was so difficult. I was trying to overcome the adhesive entrapment of the woven spider webs of city life. In some manner I felt a strong reluctance to leave it as if I was really tied there. I felt a longing to just hide in my shell on home ground. Wrap myself in familiarity and yet adopt my isolation as if it alone would shield me from the seemingly endless demands. But once I arrived here though I felt like I was home again even though it has never been my home. It is a 'home from home. 'A total change of scene has revitalized me and while I feel strength and an energy flowing across me, I feel a tranquil peace and I relax contentedly as my heart beats softly as if to accompany the dulcet tones of a bamboo flute. A melody plays gently just above the ebbing tides.On Saturday I allowed myself to relax a little from my task because I was determined to reward myself after my intensive labors of this last tumultuous week. After I looked around for a few gifts to buy I went to a restaurant famous for making fantastic spaghetti and Italian style noodle soup. I have not tasted Italian style any better outside of Italy. I also topped up my blood alcohol levels that had become dangerously low. Life here is not without excitement, even on the way home I was witness to some police having to restrain some Russian sailors from fighting with each other. That should make the local papers headline! They might not print another story until next February because it's so quiet here. Oh but I'm comparing it to what I know and in truth there are so many little stories out here really, each one as a bubble drifting, blown by a happy little girl on a windy shore. I can relax and watch the floating soapy spheres containing micro universes and infinite imaginings.
My Aunt returned home and another little space appears inside me just like the bursting of the bubbles. It was so nice to have her here for a while and for us to talk and share things with. I blame myself for a lack of contact with her and I have promised to phone her more often. It is times like these that I am reminded and miss the closeness of family that I enjoyed so much as a child. Thankfully Hiro remains close.
Fathers semi retirement goes well, he was only at the office
I dreamed that I could stay here forever and just relax and feel the stress drain from me as if a tap would open and out will pour the toxicity of yesterday. Let those poisons and lethal resins be leeched from my body and let the wounds they gave me begin to heal. The sun peeks out again from behind the clouds and puts the twinkle back into my eyes. Once more I am warming my dreams. I can smile forever and drift upon the sea breeze because I really have no weight here. More bubbles sparkle and rise above the sky and we gently soar amongst the dreams of so many secret hopes. I open my eyes and I regard my computer once more and suddenly I fall back to Earth in a graceless manner like outcast angels. The reality has chained me but in a good way.
The endless summer has finally become fall and the palette of color across my sight, a rainbow sky, paints the vivid imagery across many lives. This one is my life and these are my dreams, these are my words and those are your thoughts. Bring me now the sweet words dipped in honey balancing yet more heavily laden with salt. I tread carefully a labyrinth path in between.
More weaving and my net is cast.
Oh my sweet!
Until next week.

Good to see that you are having a relaxing time in Shitsurakuen, Jazz.
Did you have two glasses of beer or is that a two fingered salute? :)
quietman
October 15, 2008 2:19 AMI had 6 glasses of beer but don't have that many fingers available when I am holding one.
I'm in Otaru.
Shitsurakuen literally means a secluded paradise but it can also infer that too much of something good, or something fantastic taken to an extreme can be pretty disastrous.
Thanks
Jazz
October 15, 2008 8:37 PMHmm,six beers - that means you stuck 2 fingers up three times !
quietman
October 16, 2008 6:29 AM