The taste of things to come


She, the mistress of the visual allure, the draw of the eyes and emotional impact within flowing scenes, she the orator and giver of depth to flat words exits stage left and sinks with the sunset below the western horizon into an alien sky.
I, a dweller in shadows, content with radiated warm of the reflected glows of others, I that would hope to bring new words and new feelings venture a little closer to the Arctic circle and isolate myself from the normal and the usual. A new environment, a new day and now let new words flow from my pen (read word processor).


It's always good to be here. I honestly feel lighter than when home in the city, although for some reason I don't see that confirmed by the bathroom weighing scales, but hey, I've mentioned on several occasions that machines just don't like me.
Again Father hugged me as I arrived. So what's wrong with that? Well for those of you that know me well, Father just doesn't do that and only has begun to do so in this last year. If it is his plan to make me come visit him more often, I must admit it is working. Obachan greeted me warmly too. I have not seen her for three years and since I will share the guest room with her, we spent two hours sharing news while she helped me unpack my things and hang my clothes.

The girls have been looking after Dad really well and not only do I see more color about him and a more relaxed demeanor but I do see him smile more and that makes me very warm inside.

So how do I begin my odyssey, my quest to capture the intangible imaginings of a crazy girl and recreate them as a graspable and tangible written work that hopefully her editor will bestow great praise upon and forgive me the unheeded deadlines that I eye scornfully.
Well we start with Fathers good advice of acclimatising to the new surroundings and filling up on necessary fuels, namely chocolate.

Chocolate shakes, chocolate fondue and I'm in heaven.
I love the taste of chocolate across my tongue as it dirty dances its way down.

Actually the sins of the first day are repaid on the second by my running a mile along the coast before breakfast. There is no real beach here to run on the sand and most of the towns seafront is the fishing and old port industries. But the coastal road out to the east, towards the herring house and the aquarium is a really nice quiet and scenic area for a good mornings jogging. The road mainly follows the cliffs and only occasionally chance upon secret little sandy inlets, the stuff of children's adventure stories. Not much traffic passes me by, just a few other joggers and cyclists share my conviction. A morning shower and breakfast and then I immerse myself into work.


Note to myself: I'll dip Hitomi in chocolate next month as a special treat to myself, uuummmm, and her! She'll think we have a new chocolate vending machine! The beauty of that is that we work off the calories almost as soon as we consume them. Triple heaven!!!

I may get to blog again by the week-end but I really am relaxing here and also I find the drive to give volume to my task.

The taste of things to come has a distinct chocolaty aroma.
Have a nice week everyone.
Oh, lesbian chocolate, my all time favorite!

0 comments :: The taste of things to come

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.