I finished my morning tea and completed the bathroom in the list of tasks that I had given myself before I decided to quickly go out and buy my Groceries. I was in the store and choosing some nice fruits when my phone rang. Mizuki, my colleague from work, called and suggested that we have coffee. Of course I agreed at once but I had to go home first. I'm probably the same as anyone else and having just finished my cleaning and dashing to my local store I must have looked a sight!
Rush, rush, rush!
I get home and I'm about to go upstairs to my apartment when my brother calls me to the office. A letter has arrived for me. The post hasn't been the same since it was privatized two years ago and mail that should be in my mailbox sometimes ends up in his box or the restaurant box. I just put it in my bag and went to shower and change.
I met up with Mizuki and we enjoyed our coffee which led on to a late lunch and then a few drinks after that and when I finally returned home I was just in that mood for a few more drinks. I had some food and then went up to the Mars by myself and I'm sure that I became the topic for more idle tongues because it is quite unusual for me to go into the Mars without Hitomi. I could have easily have met up with some friends over at the Lex.
I just sat at the bar and chatted with Ma and watched everyone be their usual loud selves. I have noticed one or two new faces start to become pretty regular now and one of those kept giving me the eye! She probably noticed me doing the same even if I was watching her in the mirror behind the bar.
Sunday morning came and I knew I'd overdone it again. Almost lunchtime and a tongue thicker than the Emperors Imperial Palace carpet and that strange smell that's always gone by the time you sober up! I drank water and forced myself to eat something. Why I chose to eat yogurt on toast I don't exactly recall but it seemed manageable at the time. A few hours left before collecting Miss Happy Holidays from the airport and I still hadn't done all my tasks! Why oh why did I go out yesterday?
I did a little work in the kitchen and then thought "There's always tomorrow and she can help!"
I felt a lot better by seven in the evening. A little food and lots of water, a little time and of course the decision to put off until tomorrow what I was meant to do yesterday certainly helped! I collected Madam Suntan from the airport and I'm always amazed at how she can leave here with one travel bag and arrive home with two.
She told me all about her adventures in Okinawa and Miyakojima, an island close to Okinawa, which seems to comprise of appearances and standing in front of cameras.
It's funny but while she has been away I always feel that our home is a little emptier but as soon as she's back I see it as untidy already!
There's something wrong with me!
I decided to hide her bags in the cupboard after she removed her necessities and she can sort her laundry and other things she needs to do on the Monday Morning.
We ate downstairs and then retired to the bedroom and watched the movie Topzu. It was sometime after the movie and a drink to cool us down that Hitomi suddenly asked about my letter that was peeping out of my bag.
Oh my stars! The letter that Hiro had given me on Saturday morning had remained unopened.
I opened it quite eagerly and it made for very interesting reading. I have a job offer from my appointment with Yoshi's contact a couple of weeks ago.
I must phone them and let them know that I've re-taken my old position once more.
It is still a very nice feeling to be accepted and if I had not returned to my office then it is good to know that I would have secured an alternative position.



0 comments :: All change
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.