Friday night was a wonderful occasion held at the Keio Plaza Conference center and perhaps it well have been regarded as small if you would compare it to venues for the international fashion writers awards from such illustrious publications as Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Harpers Bazaar or even Nivana magazine. From such heights it is possible to look down upon the mean streets and some may well call us second tier publications but I like to consider such magazines as JJ, Pinky, Non-no, Fruits and Can-cam and forty other publications as real and in-touch magazines that talk street scene reality with fashion and style that every single reader can go out and try on for themselves. From such heights, I would consider us as ground level in a down-to-Earth manner and that my friends, is where the real fashion happens and where the real buying public live. But this was not your recognized fashion writer's awards night. This was the voice of the people and the public fun awards. This is just a fun occasion with dinner and the chance to meet colleagues and rivals and friends in a very relaxed atmosphere. It really is a informal and friendly chance to exchange gossip, laugh at the comedians while we eat and then applaud such awards as "funniest writer", "Fashion disaster spread", "meanest make up", "crazy columnist", "hair scare" and "Agony Aunt with bandages". You can tell by these very names just how fun it really is and although it is considered informal so many turn up in suits and evening dresses. It becomes hard to distinguish them from the waiting staff! (Laughs)
Mizuki from our office was up for an award and we went along to support her. The 'plus one' on her official invitation was filled by her dad who was a lovely and very funny man and really had us all laughing. I of course I took 'Miss fashion disaster' herself to show
how un-serious (is that a real word?) I can be about it all and join in with the fun and spirit of the occasion.
As the evening continued and the awards became funnier, my name was suddenly announced within the category of "writer who should write less and model more". This of course had our table rolling in laughter and Hitomi then suggested that I should perhaps in future write with my lipstick which made them all uncontrollable. I blame the drink!
"And the winner is..." can you imagine my shock when they actually called my name!
So there you have it, as voted by all my wonderful readers I should stop writing and just stand and pose! (Laughs) -
(You can lose points for suggesting that I pose for horror movie magazines!)

Couldn't you write more and model more? That would be better! :-)
Sounds like you had a good time!!
Simon B
November 29, 2009 9:42 AMCongratulations on your award Jazz. Did you make a long acceptance speech? I hope you get an award for your writing too one day.
Unknown
November 29, 2009 12:50 PMCongratulations ;) Actually I don't agree with those who gave you this award: you should write and model as well because you are good at in both of them ;)
Great to see that you had good fun Momo!
Anna
November 29, 2009 9:57 PMYeah! Thanks Cerebus - how can I put it in terms that you (and your blog) would be familiar with? Classic trek series - "I'm a writer Jim, not a model!"
Quietman - you know I'm not one to make long speeches (laughs), I usually stop when they've all fallen to sleep! Thank you for your wish.
Little sis you are very sweet to say this, thank you (hugz) but it really was just a fun thing and not serious at all. The only serious thing was that all proceeds went to the Salvation army clothe the homeless program. The award was a compliment in a way to say that the voters appreciated my style, if not my writings Ha-ha!
Momo
December 01, 2009 11:43 PM