It was all meant to be just a little fun and suddenly events are conspiring around me and even as I stand within the typhoon's eye, I bear witness to the distant swirl of torrents. I think someone (me) is going to get caught up like a little lost kite in a very strong wind!
I received a call from my friend Yoshi on Saturday evening who said that she wants to meet with me. We arranged for Wednesday evening, since that was convenient for both of us. She wants a little chat and as ominous as it sounds, I'll have to wait until our Roppongi wine bar meeting to know exactly what it is that makes her sound so happy. She wants to surprise me she says and I can tell by what she did say that it's something pretty silly!
Miss 'Both-sides-of-the-lens' has taken advantage of my previous evenings silly award and she has taken it upon herself to get her camera out again and make everything and anything her subject and just to show me how clever she is, she captures me when I least expect it. But of course I expected that much! She attached her long lens because she can get a better frame fill with that and she's running around pointing it at things and I see that her eye is not looking into the view window but she looks sideway towards me and then before she snaps, she turns it at me. Click! As I watch her taking pictures of other things I often find myself giggling at her because of the positions she takes to get a shot makes it look like she herself is posing for contortionist magazine! I told her that she doesn't need the telephoto to 'fill frame' when she points it at me but she dismisses me saying that I'm 'fishing' for anorexic compliments.
I don't know any reason why but I feel cold lately. The chilly North East wind blows and I feel it across my skin like the taste of bitter fruits and I know it is not any lack of body insulation because my bathroom mirror lies to me and shows that I am carrying more than usual (See - I'm becoming weight obsessed!). I know it lies to me quite blatantly because I can still fit into all of my clothes quite comfortably. Perhaps the wall behind my mirror is pushing out slightly and it therefore creates the magnifying effect of a convex reflector.
This Sunday morning we both stayed in bed and so the Sunday morning walks we have 'enjoyed' of late hasn't become a habit much to my avoidance of Winter relief! The warmth and sharing of body heat in our little nest in much more preferable anyway!
Nanako, Hitomi's sister, came to visit on Sunday afternoon and brought us some small cakes to try. I must admit that I quite liked them in a very enthusiastic way and they somehow had the magical quality of making me forget that crazy fun-fair mirror in my bathroom. She had baked them herself which surprised us because she isn't exactly famous for her culinary arts. She told us that to impress the new man in her life she has taken up a part time course offered by the 'Seishin technical College' for students who wish to learn the basics but can't commit themselves to full time professional course.
She says that way to a man's heart is through his stomach! I think I'll go over to Peach John and buy her some sexy underwear, that will really get her into her new mans heart (laughs)!
She wondered if we'd like to go over with her and check it out next time.
I have a bit of a heavy schedule coming up and I only just manged by bribery and sweet-talk to ensure this Friday evening is free for our special night and so I couldn't promise Nanako that I would but Miss 'Calories don't bother me' decided that she's go along for the experience. Perhaps I can get more of those little cakes?
Let me check with "Guinness World Records" what exactly the record is for the consumption of delicious little cakes within a ten minute period and contemplate a serious attempt!
As a final note to those people (two of you) who questioned me about how obsessed Hitomi really is with this Rilakkuma bear, she just came home with some more supplies for her dressing table. Look and see!
It's just too cute!
We'll have people suspecting that I still cuddle up to a teddy bear in bed!


Oh, so I am not only obsessed with weight during winter season! I've put at weigh a little bit, even though I started a healthy diet - I guess it's normal because our bodies are preparing themselves to the coldest part of the year. I can tell you what else I see in the mirror - my skin becomes so white, as if I were dead. Moreover my lips suffer due to cold wind and low temperature inspie of applying lip care lipstics :(
These cosmetics look absolutely delicious - I think I would be more apt to eat them than apply it/use it ;)))
so... bon appetit dear sister!
Anna
December 02, 2009 6:58 AM