The 23rd is a national holiday here. Thank you to his Imperial Majesty for having a birthday right now and creating a much needed national holiday, allowing over worked employees to have a chance to spend valuable time with loved ones and for me to catch up on some much needed sleep! I slept until lunch time and she actually brought me tea. Bless her cute teddy bear socks! She won't usually bring it through to the bedroom because I have a poor habit of leaving it to go cold as I turn over and fall back to sleep. I do feel very refreshed by the sleep, her tea and I am warmed by her smile.
Today, Christmas Eve, we both have the day off but with our restaurant being fully booked all day, we will eat downstairs in the kitchens as we help out. Eve is supposed to be the time we share with our loved ones and after watching a TV program recently about young couples having romantic interludes at the love hotel of their choice, with the Christmas theme being popular at this time of year, we had thought to try it out ourselves. Of course couples can 'do it' anywhere but I think the setting is often important as it is an added stimulus. Its not exactly the 'mile high club' but it is one of those events that couples want to try. Even though we're helping out downstairs, we are still together on this special day and that's the most important thing. Hitomi's sister isn't coming over to sing Karaoke this year as she's fallen under the spell of her man of the moment and they are spending time together.
Christmas time is a magical time I think and it seems to have spread out from its Religious beginnings and I do not mean the birth of the Christ alone. Long before Christianity many places had midwinter Feasts. The Chinese, for example, have their 'Dong Zhi' (mid winter festival), as do the Pagans and we have many festivals depending which part of the country you visit. Christmas has spread out into the commercial side and has invaded many cultures with images of Santa, snow, reindeer, decorated trees and small wrapped gifts. Although we Japanese are not predominantly Christian, I think it's a wonderful feeling and human spirituality rather than just a religious anniversary or a season of 'merry making' but it is something which can pull out the very best of us as people. We enact such wonderful charitable acts and goodwill to our neighbors and strangers and great generosity is shown during this period. Doesn't it make you think that we can be so much more when we try?
A lot of people say Christmas is for Children. They, more than most, enjoy the magic that this season brings. I am going to beg you at this time of the year to please, please, please, make a small donation to your countries "Save the children" Charity. This Charity works tirelessly for Children everywhere, those children who are still denied proper health care, food, education and protection.
If you enjoy reading me and you love Children and believe in them, please do make one small effort for them.
No matter how small, I thank you all so very much if you can.



Oh I love both the videos ;) Too bad I cannot understand why you were laughining at. Anyway I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your Christmas Eve.
Keep smiling Momo!
Anna
December 25, 2009 7:05 AMShe said its like a wedding cake we cut and I remind her that I'm the one in white! She's my man! (laughs) - see last post and Nancy's song!
Nice to see you back Ania - Merry Christmas
Momo
December 25, 2009 7:17 AMHappy Christmas Momo and Hitomi!!
Simon B
December 25, 2009 9:11 AMChildren Charity... You see, you make me think again!
A few days ago I visited one girl. She is 26 and my namesake. She got a sweet son name Kuba and he is 4. Unfortunately his mom is the biggest egoistic I've ever known even if she can be very charming and kind to other people and attract them. The only person she really care of is herself and she doesn't have time to take care of her son Kuba as she should. Anyway, she doesn't even feel that she does something wrong.
I arrived to Ania's place at 5 p.m but she was late over than 1,5 hour! I was waiting for her and I was playing with Kuba. He was delightful that someone wants to see his toys. He said "I have a lot of toys, I'll show you!". It was fun also for me because when I was a small kid there were no as fantastic toys as today so I could only sigh and regret that I am not a small girl anymore ;)
Even if Kuba has attentive grandmother and father I was happy to make him smile because I always remember that havning a mother like Ania - total egoistic is very sad. He is small and doesn't understand what his mom is doing, he loves her in automatical way that children love their paretns.
Yesterday I thought that charity is not only the money but also kindness, smile and warm attention that I can give to stranger children.
I'm not back, because I've never gone away ;) I just have strange time in my life that's why I'm not blogging and comment more seldom.
Hugs Momo
Lil Sis
Anna
December 25, 2009 7:03 PMNice videos. I am so happy you both enjoying the cake.
Patrick
December 26, 2009 2:35 AM