Paenultimus


The world is going crazy and it's not a full moon until the 31st! Bad moon rising!
It all started very early on Saturday morning...
I had awakened at some unreasonable hour from a strange dream. All was quiet except for the soft purring sound from under the duvet. Hitomi sometimes makes this sound when she is sleeping. I think the sound is similar to a kitten when it's happy! I lay there quite still, looking up into the blackness and recalled my dream.
I dreamed that I was in a steamy sauna spa and I was laid upon a table and what looked doctors were standing over me with scissors in their hands. One of them said that he cannot take away anymore fat from my tummy because I was pregnant! I looked down and my tummy was huge, like a big balloon and then I started to give birth right there. The doctor, whose scissors had become huge forceps, announced that I had twins and that they were boys and so the father had to be a man! (Yeah I know, but things happen like that in dreams!)
Hitomi was demanding to know who the father was and I started running around with a bucket to catch a cow for its milk. The babies were suddenly children and said that since they had no dad they were taking mine! Hitomi then whispered in my ear that I must not tell anyone that she was born a male!
That's enough to wake anyone up in a cold sweat!
I am going to stop watching late night expose shows!

There was no dance class this week-end and so Hitomi went shopping while Rina and I prepared the guest room. Father had phoned on Friday night to say that he would arrive sometime Saturday afternoon! Talk about short notice. Daddy is a man with a well planned calendar. I'm sure he even has next December planned out! As the girl with the same blood as his running through my veins you would naturally think that I'd be the same way! It's only at work that my life is run from an ever changing desk diary. It often feels like I'm running so fast that I'm in imminent danger of falling over and it's only my luck that prevents me from falling forward and landing on my nose!
Hiro, my brother, went to meet him at the station and when he arrived here at home he gave us all a big hug.
I'm looking for signs of cloning or plastic surgery. Dad doesn't hug us. I know, I know, I say this every time that I've ever mentioned my dad and I keep saying he mellows out in his older years. His earlier distant and aloof character has become warm, friendly and approachable in these last two years. I certainly won't complain, I just wish he'd have been that way when I was smaller!

Hitomi and I went to the Christmas party at the Mars bar on Saturday night. We were disappointed not to see some of the regulars and our old friends there. Kuri did send me a text the other day to say that she's gone on a fishing holiday and won't be back until the New Year. I'll wait to see her photographs of her standing next to the one that got away! We'll keep her card and gift until she returns! Again I saw that girl at the Mars! There is this girl who I've noticed several times before and again I saw her there with her eyes on me every time I looked. I know she's going to think the same of me because every time I looked she saw me look at her. I made a point of being tenacious with Hitomi and holding or touching her at every opportunity so that the stranger with the piercing eyes made no mistake about my attachment.


On Sunday morning Hitomi went to see her parents. She wasn't planning to do that but at breakfast my Dad asked if he and I could go out alone, just the two of us. When I looked at Hitomi she just nodded and smiled and then announced that she should visit her parents too. I always felt worried as a child if my father had wanted to see me in his office or something. I tried to think how I could have disappointed him but nothing immediately came to mind. Even today I would never deliberately want to disappoint him and I still feel that apprehensive feeling inside should he make a sudden demand of me like that, although the last time he said something like that was several years ago when I was perhaps a bad girl!
Am I a bad girl?

He asked if he may drive my car and I gave him the keys. As we drove along he asked how I felt with my health these days and I told him about my recent Doctors reports all being positive but he looked at me with that "I know what the reports say, what else?" I told him about my opportunity within advertising and promotions next month and that I feel that I'd slightly overdone it with my dieting and at times I had sometimes felt weak and faint but not the same kind of problems that I'd suffered from earlier in the year. I also admitted that it seems I'm losing concentration at times.

He smiled and said I should sleep more and that he was sure that I'd do well in my new venture. Then he stopped the car by a small burger bar and bought us both a cheese burger with onions and a spicy relish sauce and told me to eat it. I tried to protest weakly but I ate it when I saw him bite into his enthusiastically. My stars it did taste good and I wondered how addictive they could become.


We looked around and then he said "I used to bring you here when you were small!"
I told him that I didn't remember coming to Sangenjaya and he pointed down a road. "There's a small park down there that you used to love!" he said. We walked down the road and sure enough there was a park and when I saw it I suddenly did remember being there as a child. Then dad did something very strange. He sat me on a swing and pushed me and I actually enjoyed it and dad smiled and even began to sing a happy little tune.
Then he just played on the rope slide and so... I played too! His hair is perhaps a little grayer but his spirit is full of color. Childhood revisited!


1 comments :: Paenultimus

  1. It's great to feel like a child again for a while, isn't it? Unfortunately in daily rush we forgot childlike purity. The older we are the more realise it and miss it as well! I'm very happy to see you and your Father coming back to good memories from your childhood - it is sweet and shows that you both have good relationship and can rely on each other even if He is not effusive person in case of showing emotions. We all have different personalities, sometimes differences are very small, almost inconspicuous but in the other hand it makes us unique and special.

    Recently I also have strange dreams or even nightmares including me as a murderer! I sleep very bad, I'm tired all the time and I have big trouble with concentration - I should study hard now but I just avoid it and my only explanation is "I'm sleeeeeepy!". I'm going to visit a doctor and figure out what's wrong as fast as it's possible :( I don't have time for ... wasting my time!

    Hugs

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.