IV


Our anniversary night fell upon us as the sun set behind the Post office!
This is not exactly the romantic setting I had imagined but that's exactly where I saw the sun go down!
If the mountain won't come to Jazz, then Jazz goes to the mountain. I don't want anyone crushed!

Friday night was our anniversary and although we had planned long in advance to have the evening free and share a special dinner together, the fates conspired against us and Hitomi had to work at the Aoyoma. How easy it was for me to find out the schedules and then get hot food made up in the restaurant downstairs with a lot of loving thanks to my wonderful brother. Rina drove me and helped me transport our hot dinner over to the theater, which is only five minutes away. I surprised my love when Rina and I came into her meal break with hot food! We brought tofu & vegetable soup, dry curry rice with tomato and raisin sauce and yakisorba (noodles) with trout and leaves.


She called me crazy and perhaps I am but Jazz will sometimes try to move mountains for the woman she loves. For her I unlock the doors of imagination and try to make her dreams come true. Poetic perhaps but she is always worth the effort. She is the greatest and the best part of me, I would be lost without her and I am very very grateful that she feels the same way about me.We certainly attracted attention from other users of the small back room set aside for staff breaks. Hitomi and I will have our special night on Monday and after we finished our token anniversary meal, I whispered in her ear that when she comes home she has to help me lose calories!

We toasted our love and our faith in each our and committed our future to each other over apple juice.
I really don't know what to tell you all. I feel proud and privileged that some of you contact me for advice and I try in my best agony aunt way to tell you things that have worked for me and worked for people that I know well. I really hope you take my words and re-mold them into how you need to sculpt them into your individual needs in your own relationships. When I look at my own relationship, I just feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world! I say that because I may preach that all relationships need work and you don't take them for granted and you show your love and appreciation each and every day. But in truth our relationship seems to run so very smoothly that it is very tempting to sit back and let it flow by itself.
I sit for a moment and reflect upon my words and then slowly I realize one very important thing.
It runs smoothly precisely because we do appreciate each other and we do all those little things that add to the lubricant of our flow.

Love is the color in the world and the heavenly music that no-one else seems to hear. Love is the triumph of heart over mind and that which places poetry into each and every day.

7 comments :: IV

  1. Happy anniversary Momo and Hitomi! Enjoy losing those calories :-)

  2. Happy anniversary Jazz and I hope I can wish you many many more good wishes on many many more years.

  3. I wish you even better next years together with Hitomi, my dear Sis. Have a wonderful celebration on Monday evening and hard losing calories by night ;) Just spend this day on thinking how lucky both of you are!

    Ok aunt... Today I woke up and I simply understood everything. What a smart girl you are! Thanks a lot Momo.

    Let's have a toast everyone for Momo&Hitomi !!!

  4. Happy anniversary Momo. Have a wonderful weekend.

  5. Momo & Hitomi, Happy 4th Anniversary. May this special day in your life be the door to the following year where you still find yourself discovering in each other those things that draw you closer in heart. When in each other you see only that which bought you together and that which keeps you together. Again I wish you both a happy and wonderful celebration in your lives.

    Later

  6. Jazzy baby (Hugs)

    Let me be the first to wish you a Happy anniversary. (Alright 6th!)
    I'd like to say that I've known you for a lot longer than your four anniversary years but I can tell you one thing. I have never ever seen you happier than I have over the last four years. You really deserve it Jazz and long may it continue.

    記念日おめでとうございます

  7. Thank you everyone for your well wishes and wonderful words.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.