We organized a little end-of year - party at the office where we can relax together and enjoy our time together without attention to work. I always find it fascinating to see how some people that I think I know fairly well change slightly when they are free from their desks and computers. A little music, loud conversation away from work related topics, a couple of beers and some food and the Jekyll becomes the Hyde (laughs). I don't mean in a horrendous or bad way but the freedom to express ourselves in a relaxed environment does effect a certain change. We laughed when a certain girl and a certain boy, who take a lot of effort to avoid each other at work, disappeared into the back room together. I must recommend them a book I read on how to avoid the closet... Oh wait, that was a gay book! (Laughs more) Secret and clandestine encounters sharing words that don't say what they mean... don't mean what they say!
Personal relationships at work are frowned upon and yet most of the girls that I have known in this business and started families have resigned to marry the older men who still work here. I suppose this is universal and happens everywhere. I don't think I'm in any danger of getting married (unless the law here changes) and so perhaps one day (and I can at least hope for it) I will be here when my hair is white!
My sweetheart has gone off to enjoy her day at her agency party. They organized a day out at the amusement park followed by dinner at a hotel. I told her to dress warmly but she went out like it was a nice sunny autumn day rather than a chilled winter day with a touch of frost on the extremities.
My friend Yoshi came along and not, surprisingly as my guest, but as the guest of our promotions manager. I don't know if things have been spoken of about me signing with Yoshi's agency but I got a couple of winks from him as Yoshi chatted with him. 'Hello, gossip magazine, can you send me your special trail offer of that wonderful paranoia perfume please, thank you so much!' Either that or maybe he wanted to chase me into the back office? Even Hana, our assistant editor, let her hair down and for the first time ever I saw her dance. It came as a shock to see her dance to the song of the same name, she can really move!
Have you guys had your office / Christmas parties?

Forgetting office diplomacy and etiquette, this is that time of the year to shed titles and have fun with those you share a part of your life with, even if in a professional manner. Seems it has more to do with the spirit of the season than it with the spirit of the libations being served.
A time to look back on all you have shared with them, all the deadlines worked on together all the assignments together. The smiles and frowns of joy and frustration, but you still took a beautiful picture to pass on to your friends no matter the outcome.
Your comment about being able to carry the spirit of Christmas through out the year is exemplified in you Momo, for in you I see that spirit of goodness, sharing and caring in you always.
Merry Christmas!
Later...
Smiling Pig
December 21, 2009 3:57 AMWow Jazz. So many pretty girls in the party. Merry Christmas. Muahhhhhhhh
Patrick
December 26, 2009 2:40 AM