Last days (of November)


In just three weeks the weather has turned from the balmy last days of summer into the first chilly days of autumn regardless of what the equinox would have us believe. Nine weeks in from the official start of autumn before we feel it!
Looking back at November's first days, Hitomi, Reisa and I were casually dressed for summer and now three weeks later we dress a little more warmly.
Once again we met up with Reisa on Sunday morning but this time by schedule rather than coincidental circumstance. Hitomi and Reisa are working within the same project over the next few weeks and as usual I'm the girl in the middle!
Don't ask about her Kiiroitori hair band, you know what she's like!
After a bracing walk, which I don't believe is becoming too habitual for us on our Sunday mornings or I better say that I hope they aren't because quite honestly I've become fat and lazy on my free days from work. I can be thin and energetic when I'm working but my day off has started to mean sleep and rest on a hibernation level and spending the whole day doing nothing, right?
Wrong!
Miss "Friday afternoon on a Sunday morning" drags me out of bed, throws me into the bath and forces hot food inside me at the breakfast table and then starts choosing my clothes from the wardrobe...
Hold it!
OK I love her implicitly and I can deal with the mental anguish of torturously being dragged out of our bed, washed and fed at silly O'clock on a barely real Sunday morning but please... Stay out of my wardrobe!
You can tell by the photo can't you?
Momo in fashionable black trimmed polka dot sheath dress with Kentucky bow tie and Miss 'tasteful' sits next to me in something from the E-Z shoe clothing company and a teddy bear hair band.
No darling, please don't choose my clothes for me!
... Or was that a ploy to get me on my feet?
Oh she can be such a devious little thing!

Where was I?
Oh yes, after a bracing walk in the park and my carefully placed steps avoiding dead leaves on my shoes, we made the quite civilized decision of having a hot coffee at the Yanaka shop over on the west side.
I've just painted a picture of myself being a slave to creature comforts and acting like a sloth haven't I?
(Points can be earned for diplomatic remarks to that one!)

0 comments :: Last days (of November)

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.