Monday morning was fairly quiet with only one appointment for me. I was home in time for lunch and switched on my computer to write up my report.
I glared at the red light on my my router and it glared back at me nonchalantly. No Internet activity detected on my DSL. I sipped tea to calm my inner growling at machines and as I worked a little more it still shone in a very disinterested and unconnected red way.
Once my work was completed it still shone red with no regard for my deadlines and so I couldn't send anything into the office. I saved it to my memory stick and went shopping and sent it from the net Cafe.
Looking around the store I am amazed at how the prices have risen on some goods. I decided to be kind to my bank account and to the store that are trying to sell off some lines by promoting them so cheaply and bought up some of the bargains. I was just putting my shopping in the back of the car when I noticed Hitomi's dad standing at the bus stand. I waved him come over but he can't have seen me. I drove to him and opened the door and he took about thirty seconds and have the bus waiting patiently behind me to move out of the way before he decided to get in. I tried to make light talk but he wasn't interested. We drove to his house with just the radio to spoil the silence. It does not matter that he dislikes me because from my eyes he is family and I have to accept his choice. "Yes, I'm the girl that took your daughter away from the true and honest path, I'm the one that led her into sexual depravity and away from any possibility of giving you grandchildren!" I thought to myself, "Yet you only consider it from your own point of view. I'm the one she loves and I'm the one who does my best to make her safe and happy in this world. I am her choice of whom to love! Why not try to see it from her point of view."
I don't really have the right to say that to him and perhaps I should not even if I could because of my respect for him but I do think it. He got out quietly when I stopped in front of his house and with a quick nod of thanks he strode into his house. I nodded back and drove home with both my spirit and my car feeling lighter.
I got home and the red light still reminded me that not all was well.
I phoned my help desk and described my problem at great length and they tested my line. All was well they said and then they told me to reset my router which I did....
The red light changed to green and that's the color I felt as I thanked the very kind operative for his assistance.
Kuri came over for the evening to put the extensions back in my hair but first we chatted at the kitchen table while dipping our mini Kit-kat fingers in our coffee. Oh I lost so much weight I can afford the occasional touch of calorie excess now. She showed me the pictures from her recent fishing holiday and although they look great and I see her happy smiles I just cannot imagine myself going on such an excursion with fishing as the main activity. She loved my photographs and gave me some great encouragement and compliments and then they were put away. While she did my hair she talked about Azami and the sadness that is the fact that they are truly over. They had tried to be together once again and we had hoped that they could work it out but I think the damage had been done. Later we ate dinner together and had a little red wine and reflected on what was, what had been and what could have been. Actions always bring consequences! I think I'm glad that she and I didn't take advantage of loneliness when the chance almost presented itself eighteen months ago. The thought of it is exciting and yet I know how devastating it can be. Sometimes I have even doubted Hitomi's integrity but I don't think she ever has betrayed me and I certainly cannot slap her in the face with doing it to her. I kissed Kuri goodnight after I drove her home and I know what I saw in her eyes. I know also what she saw in mine. As I drove away I also had a tear because now I believe that it wasn't just goodnight but it was also goodbye.
Things do slowly settle into what we call a normal routine but things are never the same as they were. What the hell is normal anyway? The only normal people are the faceless people in the crowds, the ones you know nothing about because once you do learn about them you realize that they are far from normal!
We probably all think of ourselves as normal because in truth we see the world from our own pair of eyes and judge what we see by our own values. It is perhaps a rare thing that we live up to our own standards!


Oh, Heaven knows how I hate to be disconnected from the Internet! Marcin is sure that I am addicted but I only do like surfing the Internet, blogging, reading blogs of other, checking my mail thousants times per day, checking my accounts at our Polish social networks... Ok, maybe I am addiced a little bit ;)
When I was in crazy age, as a teenager I had also the crazy best friend. When we went to secondary school some of the clubs were open to us where we could go and stay untill midnight. Once we did an experiment: do two kissing lesbians attract men around us...? We tried it and became two sweet but the most desirable girls that night. Some time ago when I told about it to my mom she only looked at me with "oh you, crazy girl!" and smiled with disbelief. The thing that surprised me was "but please, don't tell dad, ok?". It was ok ith my mom but she knew that my dad wouldn't accept it at all.
They are at the same age, similar education, intelligent people. I was thinking why one can accept lesbians and other cannot. I found it: CONVICTION. Where does this come from? I deeply feel that our parents give us some convictions by breeding for years. We can change some of them, find a new ones but there are a few basic conviction that we cannot explain why we we are sure about some things. We are just sure that something is correct or incorrect and that's all.
For Hitomi's Dad being a lesbian is wrong. You are right that he has right to feel it his way. He gave her a different patterns of behaviour, showed what is right and what is wrong so naturally he is dissapointed with the fact that she has chosen completely different lifa path by your side.
When I was reading about that incident yesterday I was sure that I wasn't as nice as you and I might have chosen different option (maybe I wouldn't be nice enough to invite him to my car) but now I see that you did the right thing. You don't have any reason to feel disappointed, even if the situation was unpleasant. You picked up from the options this one the hardest but also the only correct. If you didn't do what you did that day, now you would be disappointed of yourself.
Normal? No, there are no normal people out there! Everyone is crazy, this makes us unique, that's why I love to find in people hidden special atributes, that's why I love observing them... Normality means only boredom. We all should feel free to be crazy, in positive meaning, I mean only that we shouldn't be shy to show our true personalities because other might think that we are strange. We all are strange, different. We all are unique.
Ania
January 20, 2010 3:34 PMOh my stars!
Ania you've written a blog post as a comment!
You pose the question, "do two kissing lesbians attract men around us...?"
The truth is that it does. Men like passionate women, men like any women! But if we take for example the fact that lesbians even have their own porn category (and so do Asian girls)so I suppose we can factor in that from the male point of view it is mainly the sexual aspect of lesbians that they find so appealing.
Of course there are many many decent males that just accept that fact that we are just two women in love and that's really all it should be seen as. One adult person loving another.
As for the kiss, even straight girls kiss each other - its perfectly acceptable in most cultures. I think it's macho pride stopping most men from kissing each other.
I do not know why Hitomi's father does not want to accept that his daughter is loved very much and is in love and is happy. I think in his old traditional ways he expects to see her with a man that is the expected 'norm' but he refuses to see or even acknowledge that this is really distasteful to her.
I can only do my best to act the part of an unofficial 'daughter in law' and help him and be kind to him and treat him like a family member as and when I can no matter how he treats me.
Hitomi's Mother is not upset by it and she is very kind to me.
Thanks Ania
Momo
January 21, 2010 7:57 AM