Tamika had been a quiet girl that I had known at school and just by chance had met up with her in the post office. We recognized each other at once with warm smiles and eager for news, we chatted happily as the queue was not too long in evaporating. I helped her carry her bags since I didn't have much of my own shopping. It seems she'd had a good life since leaving school working in the service sector and then meeting a really nice guy and getting married. Then it went really bad and now she is reduced to the bare minimums. She appears to be valuing, if not enjoying her independence.

It was nice to hold her baby for a little time. He has such strong features and lovely deep dark eyes and he gave me the cutest little smile.
It's a good feeling to meet someone again after more than a decade has passed. Seeing the change in her and hearing about her life's development that took her from there to here serves to remind me that I too must have changed in many ways in her eyes. My stars! The time seems to have flown past so quickly. Is it the link, meeting someone from so far back that makes it seem like the passage of days from then to here seems so fleeting. We promised to meet again and we exchanged numbers.
I passed the 'chestnut and squirrel' on the way back into the center and as I did so I heard Maestro's voice shouting out to me. I turned (laughs). He'd seen me pass by from his window seat and came out and called me in with his arms flailing wildly like ribbons in the breeze. Inside I sat and we enjoyed a latte together and as he smiled at me he at once was scrutinizing my hair.
He got up and stood behind me and dug his fingers into my hair, probing down to the follicles and he made a terrible scene. But then that appears to be the ordinary state of affairs in a gay cafe like this one!
'Drama Queen' would not be enough to describe him as he almost narrated a classic tragedy and with each aggressive poke into my hair each word loudly emphasized!
"Who did this to you?" he begged, "I'll kill them!" Mocked and ham-acted despair dressed his features.
I guess he wasn't happy with my extensions and latte's unfinished, he marched me out to the bus stand and we took the bus up to Jingumae and into Claire's."Oh look! A thirty percent off sale!" and we went rummaging.
He picked out a few items that he thought would be ideal for me and that was that! I had no say in the matter.
I said I was keeping my extensions until after my promotion event on Saturday and then I'll remove them and he can massage my scalp and I'll stick to hair-pieces.
Less stress! He also picked out a lot of items for himself and I have to admit it, he has really good taste and a strangely unconventional sense of style.


0 comments :: Roots
Post a Comment
Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.