This is Jazz, reporting from her desk somewhere in a Tokyo evening.
I took almost two hours getting ready this morning but I felt really good after my mid week spa session. The girl in the mirror was looking and feeling really good even if there were a few butterflies flying around in her tummy! Hitomi of course had given me all of her sage advice of what to expect and what to do and I posed for her and her 'air-camera' all last week.
The morning traffic wasn't too bad and fortunately my appointment was straight down the highway in Setagaya so it didn't take me very long to get there. I parked and entered the building an gave my letter to the sweet girl on the reception desk. She told me to wait while she phoned upstairs. I was very glad to see Yoshi come down to meet me and at once my apprehensions drained away. She took me upstairs where I met her associate. We had a relaxing chat over coffee where I was asked about any previous work I may have done. I told her about my stage and TV appearances for charity which while sounding pretty good as you read it here - is actually extremely brief and not the kind of extensive resume models are likely to have. She told me not to worry and I could tell she was sincere as she looked closely at my demonstration photographs since I didn't really have a portfolio either.
We all have to start somewhere! She did however seem impressed about my knowledge of working with the models in the fashion industry although I eventually had the feeling that this was all irrelevant and I was chatting just for the sake of it to her polite nods and smiles.
I was given an application form to fill in which asked my details and clothing sizes and my measurements including any scars, piercings and tattoos (laughs)! I don't have any of those except two small scars under my hair and my ear ring piercings.
I filled in what meager experience I'd had and more importantly what kind of work I'd like to do.
After that the form became interesting...
Have I or would I pose nude?
I don't think private games in the bedroom actually counted so I said I had not and I remain undecided. Well you never know what kind of opportunities may arise. I ticked that I would do swim-wear and lingerie and although I left blank the topless and adult I wrote in the comments that I would consider it should it be tasteful.
I said that I would be very interested in trade shows, photographic modeling, hair shows, demos and even acting but I left blank the runways and hostess events.
Then I had to sign my life away by giving them all rights to publish my photos and my details and to be available to other agencies. That's just a standard formality that everyone signs.
Yoshi then took me to meet Yukio, the photographer, who was a very nice man and he explained what he wanted. He said that he was going to have me do three shoots. the first would be just a couple of bust and portrait shots and then one in the studio that we were standing in that had newspaper wall coverings and some odd pieces of furniture scattered around and the other would be upstairs using the bar as the backdrop. We walked upstairs and he showed us the bar. All he wanted to do was to try and capture a bubbly and cheerfully bright personality. "Oh I have lots of that!" I smiled nervously. But in truth he did very well at making me feel at ease.
The make up room was a very small room (read closet) next to the image and graphics section of the studio.
The make up girl was very deft in her art and did my hair, face, lips and eyes very quickly and very professionally, I just had to sit there as she chatted quite happily and I just mumbled my replies as she glossed my lips. My first dress was a large check, black and red low cut and I just had a few close ups in this.
Then I changed into a little black cat dress complete with tail and ears. I'm glad I didn't get whiskers but I suppose they can add those. Yokio kept calling out words of encouragement and I really started to enjoy it. Every time he clicked I moved slowly to a different pose. Half way through it was dress change in which I was allowed two whole minutes to slip out of one dress into another while the wardrobe girl did my hair and touch up my make up. Time is money! The studio was quite cold but we can't complain, I'm sure they can photo-shop smooth all the cold bumps on my skin.
Then I changed clothes again, this time into a micro skirt and bra and again a few nice close ups.
I think that I can guess what my selling point will be!
Then with the bikini style sports top we did a few more on a rainbow backdrop and then we went upstairs to the bar and we got some great ambiance shots and I think I liked that one the most because it was like filling a role as an act in location rather than trying to pose in the dedicated angle area.
After we had completed the sessions he thanked me and I thanked him. I have always believed that it is important to get an understanding and a rapport between photographer and model to get the best results. I then went and washed my make up off and changed into my own clothes and Yoshi took me downstairs again where we looked at my results on her computer screen. They were quite happy with the majority of them and of course that made me happy too!
Yoshi said that she'll send me some photos for my own private album soon.
I guess its pictures to follow!
OK my sweets, Hitomi and I are off to the Mars. Have a good weekend all {HUGZ!}
ADDITIONAL!
I have received some very nice copies from my shoot.
I have placed them in my own on-line photo album that you can find here or from the new link in the sidebar that has replaced my "Reflections" slide-show.
You will need to contact me by e-mail for a login pass "jazzplayer74{AT}yahooDOTcom" - please give me your name, a word you'll remember for your own password and your email address. I will then make an account that you can log in with to access the album.
I really do like the 'myphotoalbum.com' on-line albums and it's easy to make a free account there if you need image space.
ONLINE ALBUMS DELETED



Momo I am happy you had such a great day and also had that chance to live a dream. I am not envious because I don't think I'd have the nerve to do that. I prefer to be audience and appreciate whatever is being modelled.
I love your album and thanks for allowing me an access. Those cat style look quite feline. I want to be a cat.
Do you know when you are doing more?
Love Nancy
Anonymous
January 10, 2010 7:32 PMIt sounds like you had a wonderful time.
You've been a model to me for a long time and those photos just prove my point.
Thanks Jazz you look really awesome.
Garth
January 10, 2010 10:07 PMWow can't believe those were your first modelling photos! you look so awesome! Congratulations to you on having such a great first photo shoot.
Thanks for sharing.
Andrew
January 12, 2010 3:01 AMThanks very much you guys for taking the time to comment - not everyone I gave a pass to bothered to say anything.
Naturally I'm quite proud of them and I will add more albums as and when.
Nancy I have another appointment on Friday morning which makes it all seem like rush rush - but the agency needs a diverse set to fill my portfolio in order to attract commission appearances.
Momo
January 13, 2010 7:51 AMNice selection of photos,thanks for sharing them.
Unknown
January 18, 2010 1:57 PM