How I feel with a Little Kiss


When I was young I would sometimes hide what my heart told me was right and sometimes I would deny it and try to reject it. I would pretend it was some wrong feelings trying to grow within me. Yet denial does not make it untrue and does not dispel it and make it go away like a cure for some strange illness. It seems as right for me to love my own gender as it may do for you to desire the opposite one.
When you talk about falling in love, making love or even desiring to be with another in a lustful way, as long as the two are consenting adults what does it matter their gender?
I really don't care for the teachings of some so called enlightened religious or moral leaders if they say it is wrong. I choose to follow what my heart and mind tells me is ok and if I choose to love another girl... is that love wrong?
No!

It is love in every sense and every feeling the same as anyone else has felt. We all want happiness and so when two girls find it together, who has the right to sit and judge it as something wrong or unnatural? It is still love.
All of our lives should be inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Don't let some misguided old gossip or the ignorance of fools who would preach that "any way not their way is wrong" cloud your judgment. The heart has its own reasons to love of which reason of the mind knows not. Happiness cannot be journeyed to like a place over the mountains. It cannot be owned, earned, worn like a pendant or consumed like a bowl of rice. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love. It is our selves at our beautiful best. The love we give away is the only love we keep and we need not think alike to love alike.

And when it's gone?
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds. It dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing. It dies because one or both of us allow it.

The greatest natural desire in life is to love and be loved. I have loved men and I have loved other girls. I do not judge one gender above the other as some competition and I don't compare my past loves with the others that I have known. Each one was special to me and helped me grow and learn and I do not regret loving any one of them. Each one was wonderful in their unique way and each was beyond compare.
My true love now is Hitomi. She and I have been together for two years and she's everything to me. I hope we are together always.

Am I a lesbian?
It's not something I shout from the roof-tops or have to wear a members badge or have a warning sign tattooed onto me. I always considered myself as "Bisexual" because I have loved both genders equally although my feeling is slightly more towards females. But since I only love one at a time and my one and only love is now female I suppose you can class me as that if you really need to tag me with some label.
I'm just someone in love.

My sexuality, which I'm brave enough to be open about now is no threat to anyone. I don't prey on the naive and inexperienced. I am not driven by physical desires or needs. I don't wear gay pride tee shirts or feel the need to highlight problems we sometimes experience or attend rallies and marches. I don't hate men. Yes I do go to lesbian bars but not to pick up girls, only to meet friends that I have made over the years. I was only driven to find someone to love and someone to love me in return. Now that I have found her then I can say the physical part excites me and fulfils me and satisfies me. I don't need a man to give me anything else that 'he' may assume I am missing. The greatest meaning of my relationship is the deeper feelings of just having that special person in my life. Someone I can care for and who will care for me.

A relationship can only truly be enjoyed on such a deep & loving level if you are totally true with your partner, discussing likes and dislikes and all the diverse aspects of our lives. Being true to the point where some truth may hurt ourself and hurt our partner in the way that some honesty can be brutal, abrupt and direct. Understanding and consideration is paramount in the way we deal with that knowing that those truths are meant to be beneficial to us.
My love knows all the good things about me and all the bad and I know all about her. Isn't that how it should be? If I lock some secrets away could they be revealed later and spoil all that I have now?
This sounds like a good advice for all couples right?
If you think so then love and let love! Love is beautiful and it doesn't matter if it's a guy and a girl, two guys or two girls. It is LOVE.

I would like to be able to tell Hitomi's father that I will care for her always, that I will be there for her. I will sacrifice anything for her. I know that he knows that we are are lovers without us having to say it and I know he doesn't like the idea. I see it in his eyes in the way he looks at me and I hear it in the tone of his voice when he talks to me. I see the expressions of his features almost contort with disgust as if he were in pain.
A lot of things don't bother me and I live with them. I don't allow many ripples to disturb me and many ripples should pass by us almost unnoticed. But the fact that I'm described as his 'daughters friend' in his dismissive, almost derisive tone, paints me as a phase he hopes she will grow out of. Anyone could say it and it won't affect me, but because he is her Father, then it does. Of course she holds me and tells me it doesn't matter because she's found her love in me and I believe her. I had just hoped that the acceptance could come from her family where I think it does matter. My own Father has things he doesn't like, but thankfully this isn't one of them. He has that wonderful 'as long as his little girl is happy' attitude, that I love him so much for. At least he accepts Hitomi into my life when we have visited him. Of course like any good Father, he will correct me if he thinks I do something very wrong and advise me on many things in life.

The world has too much hatred and intolerance, ignorance and lack of understanding already. That saddens me so much when I just ask that everyone could acknowledge that love in its many forms is beautiful, admirable and the pinnacle of most of our dreams. And if it's something we all want and need so much, if its something we could die for then please don't condemn it when others find it.



Interestingly in the news from Singapore, a society that tolerates gay couples but hates the idea of it being shown in the media, had a cable television company fined for airing a commercial which promoted a song titled "Silly Child" (see video below) by pop singer Olivia Yan (阎韦伶), that showed scenes of a lesbian nature. Two girls kissing!
Click here for that news article.

Here is the song commercial.



Annoyingly for me, the commercial paints her as having a silly moment and she goes back to the guy!- Hence the title of the song, silly child! (傻孩子)
eerrkkk!
If you wanna listen to the whole song. Click here





You never realized that two girls kissing would create such an impact!


..

5 comments :: How I feel with a Little Kiss

  1. You sound like you may have found someone with whom you can stay for a while.

    Fundamental to any love affair is communication. I can and do tell Doris everything and she is the same. I'll have to admit, it sometimes makes for interesting conversation.

    "Y'know, when you do that it pisses me off"

    "Well, I'm sorry," and she never did it again.

    I had a habit of joking about something. So she told me, "Whenever you say that, it makes me wonder if you think I'm taking advantage of you." I didn't say that anymore.

    Sometimes feelings get hurt, but if you are truly in love, you'll make adjustments for each other.

    If you can find that kind of a relationship with anyone, then go for it, no matter what gender is involved.

    Incidentslly, in my belief in reincarnation, I believe that we don't always keep the same gender; Sometimes we reverse roles; otherwise how could we ever know the problems facing the opposite sex?

    skip

  2. It's a bit sad that Hitomi's father does not accept you as you are, Jazz. Maybe some parents want their kids to have children so that they are grandparents or maybe they are just old-fashioned or afraid what their friends might think.

    I just hope that he may come to accept you and Hitomi in time as he gets to know you better.

  3. Uncle Skip, it is my hope that the "someone to stay with for a while", as you state it, is for life.
    You are so right about sometimes feelings get hurt, but truth between lovers is always best. This way we can understand each other greater and with more depth than just what appears on the surface.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Quietman.

    The previous generation may hold on to outdated values and you are right, he may desire grandchildren. But Uncle Skip is three generations before me and he shows a wonderful understanding.

    I tend to think he sees me as some kind of evil influence, as if it is my existence that has taken her away from loving a male. I hope in time he sees that she is happy with me and that I will do anything to keep her happy always.

    Thank you both for your kind thoughts.

  4. I forgot how I got into your blog --suddenly I just found myself quietly reading through your post.. and it's beautiful. I agree that love doesn't care about gender, status, or anything. Love is simply... love. :)

    I hope Hitomi's father will accept you someday. Looking forward for your next posts. :)

  5. Dear Jazz,
    The heart knows no gender, it knows only love. It is conditioning and our moral peers who try and tell us what is and what is not acceptable. Go with your heart Dear Jazz, no one but you has a right to place judgment on you.

    Anyway to me you will always be just Jazz, sweet, wise and a very wonderful person.

    May peace be with you while the storms of life rage all around...

    Love,
    Ron

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.