A touch of green.


Friday was an exciting day for me.

In the morning I was at work and we were looking at different venues for next months summer fashion series but at noon my brother arrived to take me to get my new car. This was a moment that has had me excited for a few weeks.

The Mazda Demio has had nothing but good things said of it since it came out last summer. It's a small car but inside it seems very big unlike my wardrobes which are big but inside very small!
It is sensitive to my touch and very quick. But what I like of this car is that it is so economic and according to all the media it is very green with extremely low carbon emissions. My car also represents my intent to try to create less impact on Mother Earth. Already all of my products are energy efficient and reducing energy consumptions, we are recycling, disposing or organic waste for fertilizers and I have convinced my brother to investigate the possibility of photocells on the roof garden to heat our water.


By 2:30 all the paperwork was complete and I eagerly took my brother a few blocks and then let him try it out. He was fairly happy with it but his mediocre indifference did not stop me loving it.
I wanted to drive her all the way to my sweetheart in Matsue and show her off but I have deadlines to meet. When we got home, Rina, my brothers girlfriend showed her appreciation for her and I took her to the store for her shopping. So I am pleased with my first day. At first I thought I may have problems moving down from my Saab to a smaller car but this is not so. My new Mazda is very much like my Hitomi and extremely responsive under my touch. But you didn't want to know that did you?

NHK actually started a new drama on TV called 'hitomi' this week and of course I recorded it. After I watched it I felt quite empty. It was so bad that I expected it to be a North Korean production. (You can guess they don't make good TV!) I think we need a new generation of script writers and I am wondering if I have any qualifications in that department.
I could do no worse than what I saw.

Last November I made mention that Hitomi and one of her contacts helped me secure my present position. After my last contract ended last June there had been three offers for work and I had dismissed them, I think I wasn't ready or not interested in those particular offers. Nothing else came until this one and I really liked this one. Last night I was finishing up an article at home, one I would have completed in the office had I not gone out for my new car when I had a phone call with an offer of work from the last place I expected.

Shock and surprise but I had to graciously decline and explain that I was happy in my present position. After the call ended I was suspicious about the motivation but I allowed myself a smile.
It's a nice feeling to be wanted.

So tomorrow I will show the girls in the office my new baby when I take her for her first day at work.

Also I did something very bad. We often say there are more than one side to a story. I had heard one side and went out to hear the other.
Is that bad?
Perhaps it is when it's to validate something a friend told you.

I shall try to live with myself and not make any judgements.

2 comments :: A touch of green.

  1. Congratulations on getting your new car, Jazz. Looks quite stylish.

    The whole world is going green as can be seen in the US presidential race. Everyone wants to be seen to be saving the planet these days, which is a good thing I suppose. Can we trust what the scientists are telling us ? It's better to be safe than sorry,I guess.

    Where I live, everybody is issued with three large wheelie bins. One for waste that can be recycled like paper, glass,tins,one for garden waste and another for household waste that can't be recycled.

    I own a wind up radio and a wind up torch, mainly because I like gadgets. It also means I will be saving batteries if not the world.

  2. Little one;
    For my taste, I think the color is atrocious; I prefer gray or silver.
    But hey, you're happy with it and I'm happy for you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.