Sakura



Color of the flower
Has already faded away,
While in idle thoughts
My life passes vainly by,
As I watch the long rains fall.


Ono no Komachi

The cold winds dissipate and the sun seemingly grows stronger. My heavy coats are now replaced with light ones.

Spring is here and the warm weather allows the beauty of nature to uncover her self from the slumbers of winter. Her white veils removed and resplendent she is colors of warmth. It is during this season that we take a moment to walk amidst her beauty and view her magnificence that she flaunts like new clothes at a party. This time is called Hanami. I will 'embed' a slide-show of some of her beauty.






Open to me

your inviting warmth and splendour
I regard you with deep admiration
Your fragrant beguile holds me
I am imprisoned by your beauty
I am loved within your embrace
I wish you would stay with me always.



A poem I dedicate to the blossom and to Hitomi.

0 comments :: Sakura

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.