Let's get ready!

stretch

On Tuesday I will journey by train to Himeji. I leave at 6:50 and will arrive at 9:59. I was going to take my new car but it will be faster and less complicated on the train. I hope the weather will be better because today it has rained and the winds are high and cold. I am working this weekend and taking off Tuesday and Wednesday so I can be with Hitomi on her two free days. Her touring takes her away for far too long and I miss her so much so much.
Tonight I have not gone out, instead I stayed at home and did my aerobic stretching and washed my underclothes and get a few things packed. I have to make things ready for my journey so nothing is a last minute rush.

Above our restaurant are 4 apartments, mine, my brothers, the guest apartment and the one we use as utilities. The kitchen of that 4th apartment is now the laundry room for Hiro and me. The lounge became general storage and the bedroom I have tried to make into a workout area. I have a space to dance and work-out and a cycle machine, some small weights and kick-bag. I hope to get other exercise equipment later.

My tummy isn't 'flabby' and I think it looks pretty good but I want to tone it a little more. I recently got this program DVD from Core Rhythms that promise to make my tummy look the best it can be, it is this extreme, core working, triple hip-action, ab-elicious Latin dance exercise. It will gain a little muscular definition so when I'm swimming and in my bikini, I know my tummy will look really fine. The added benefits are that the exercise is great for your cardiovascular system too.

Exercise alone will provide a psychological and physical benefit. However if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly. Alternate this with quiet periods in meditation and you feel so much better within yourself, physical, mental, spiritual, emotional. All things within your become stronger and more efficient. Not just your flexibility, your muscle, but also your blood and energy flow, your breathing, your concentration. Harder, stronger, faster, better!

As a personal favorite I am beginning to like the weights. You always know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but at least you know they'd crush you if they could. At least they are honest!

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck and me watching or listening to that exercises my patience.

So do any of you guys work out?
Lemme know!


2 comments :: Let's get ready!

  1. I've been working out for almost 3 years now. During my first and second years of work out, I was really consistent and determined with my exercises. Used to go to the gym 5 times a week, spending 30 to 40 minutes on cardiovascular exercises such as jogging, cycling and rowing and 1 hour doing weight lifting. And on Sundays I swim for 1 hour.

    I set my daily work out routines in such a way that I make sure that I'm not over over- training my muscles. Exercise is important, but getting enough rest is equally important.

    It has been my routine for more than 2 years, but this year, due to my working schedule, I have reduced my visit to the gym to 3 times a week. I stretch every time I finish my exercises, it's very important(though I find it hard stretching my legs like you haha)

    During my free time, I also used to participate in spinning and aerobic classes for 1 hour. Sadly, I had stopped gym for almost 6 months last year, so getting back and doing my usual routines proved to be really tough at the beginning.

    I love your thoughts about the benefits of exercise. I'm still trying to master the meditation part though.

    Anyway, enjoy your trip to Himeji! Have a nice time there with Hitomi.

    Peace and Bon Voyage!

    Tigger

  2. Well, little one, I exercise because I have to, given how much I have deteriated physicaly in the past ten years. I have a treadmill, an exercise machine, a rowing machine and weights. In my condition working out is a problem because I have to be on Oxygen when I exercise, but I'm actually beginning to enjoy it.

    skip

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.