Idle minds and the impossible lunch

I'd taken some files back to the file room and was wondering what I'd do for lunch when a large white rabbit came hopping by uttering such exclamations of how late he was, so very late! Perhaps his gold pocket watch was wrong? I was quite impolite and just stared at him as he opened the door to the stairs and disappeared through it.
Normally I would not have bothered about it and carried on with important things like thinking what I could possibly have for lunch but I had noticed something strange. The rabbit wasn't wearing a visitor's badge! Oh My God!
Naturally I followed it out onto the stairs as any security conscious employee would and that's when I seemed to slip at the top of the stairs. Time froze for an incredibly long moment with me in suspended in mid air and that's when it occurred to me that secret of flying is actually to fall over like this but to miss the ground and fall continuously.

I think once the white rabbit wound up his pocket-watch and time started forward again, everything was rushing past me and I laughed insanely at the surreal vision of it all. As I was falling past endless flights of stairs and the white rabbit, who by now was down on the 5th floor, I found I was laughing at him too. A fact that he didn't take kindly to and he angrily shook his fist at me. By the time I'd passed the ground floor and was still falling fast towards the basement and I had seen the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, a half visible Cheshire Cat and a Mock Turtle, the latter making me think more about how empty I was and how I badly needed lunch and turtle soup suddenly sounded quite appetizing.

Like most of the morning crowds I usually miss breakfast and this morning I even missed grabbing something on the way to work. When we arrived I had managed one plastic cup of tea before being dragged off to sit in a lecture from the security office about the company policy regarding internet security because someone had been terminated last month due to a serious and repeated breach of use. Then we had assignments postmortem and two more cups of tea from the machine that made the tea taste like plastic. In an effort to improve my drafts I had slunk off to hide in the file room. At least they have a nice drinks machine and under the wide encompassing cover of "research" I sat there with a nice cup of tea and a small mountain of files and somewhere in-between texting people and actually blowing dust from files dated from before the Meiji Restoration, I had dozed off at my desk.
Not a good sign! Burning litres of midnight oil, too many late nights trying to create articles and presentations and eyes like a zombie on Valium. A little peach concealer applied to my under eyes and shiseido cosmetic company can have all the credit they want for reducing the visual effect of me looking like a horror movie reject. I was gently shaken awake by a file clerk and sadly I had to leave behind my Lewis Carroll dreams and find something to eat.

In one of those coincidental moments, Just an hour later I'm walking along the street heading for the smell of something cooking nicely when Ayu phones me and asks if I'm free for lunch? I say sure and I'm already on lunch now and we are chatting away and still wondering what we could eat and suggesting where and what when I turn a corner and see her walking towards me animatedly talking to me on her phone. I hadn't even asked where she was and now she's in front of me! I love those moments.
Just a quick hug and we decide on yakitori (roast chicken) because I wanted meat but I wasn't in the mood for rabbit! You know if I'd ordered rabbit on a stick it would be late, right?
I also had a black coffee to help stay awake for the afternoon and a Danish pastry as my sugar-fix, which looked quite funny when it arrived with a mountain of ice cream on it! Almost a model of Fuji san, the sleeping volcano.

I played with the idea of calling Terutaka or at least texting him, but not only is he an old friend, he's also an ex-lover so before I call him I'll ask Hitomi what she thinks of the idea and more importantly how she feels. I certainly do not want to offend her or cause her concern. Ex's fall into a strange group of people that we know and meeting up with them again can cause all kinds of emotions to be dragged up like mud from a river bed. Meetings are not always good. I have met up with my first ex boyfriend, T.K, on several occasions and our atmosphere, although cordial, had ice on every breath. He looks at me with the same old eyes, the skin crawling tingles I get from him sometimes makes me want to slap him. Yes I have forgiven him for all the abuse I suffered at his hands and I have forgiven him for betraying me and marrying his mistress but he shouldn't get the idea that I'll be his mistress now so that he can betray her. Although a wicked side of me imagines her face and howling if I did. But I'm better than that and of course, I would never do anything to ruin the beautiful love in my life with Hitomi.

Finally, to all the dear people that come over to my blog ten times a day, sorry the updates are slow. I usually throw my rubbish on-screen when I have a moment or two in-between work and real life. The writings here on my blog are not the writings I get paid for. (laughs!)
If nothing new for a while appears don't worry


4 comments :: Idle minds and the impossible lunch

  1. Good to see your update. I like your rabbit and flying story, quite amazing lol

    I've to admit, I visit your blog more than 10 times a day, more than any other blog. So when you said,"Finally, to all the dear people that come over to my blog ten times a day" I have to ask something...were you not referring to me or am I not the only one who visit your blog more than 10 times a day? lol

    Jazz, keep up the good work. I love your blog, keep it running! Don't make us wait too long for your updates.

    Take it easy.

    Tigger

  2. Not you alone Tigger. Many visit often and I'm glad you all do, it shows a healthy interest in my small written offerings. As the freak show that this blog can be, it's interesting to see what audience I attract!(haha)
    The fact that I have a regular readership is an incentive for me to come and paint my page with more havoc from my life and thoughts of a chaotic nature. It's my motivation.

    I believe you can subscribe with the "atom feed" to keep updated or if I make a new post.

    Thanks for reading.

  3. I see there are others who enjoy your "small written offerings." I know I have admired your writings for many years. (And you too, of course) You have a way of putting emotion into your work so that, even though I don't understand what you are saying, I can still feel what you are writing about.

    skip

  4. I'm a daily reader too. Most of the time, I comment on those articles which interests me. It's good you have a lot of time blogging. I'm not yet done painting my web page, that's why I can't move on to another task...hehe..excuses? Nah! **wink**.

    Hmmm...I thought I'm the only reader here.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.