Christmas Present

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you helped to make it lovely & special for someone else. Christmas is a wonderful time to enjoy the spirit of joy and peace. It makes me wonder why it seems to take one holiday season like this to bring out the best in people. Don't you think it would be lovely if people had that spirit every day of the year? I'm just thankful that we have one day rather than none. Isn't it a wonderful thing to see the smiles on the faces of your family and friends? This time is above all other times, a time to let your hair down and just have fun and bask in the happiness of the season.

It's all about Eve! Christmas Eve is like Valentines Day with sharing the day with your loved one being of the greatest importance. Hitomi & I had our Eve breakfast and then went out to buy a few things. We met up with Hitomi's sister, Nanako, in the chocolate cafe where we had our afternoon cappuccinos and sugar fix and caught up with the news.

She showed us her photos of last weekend at the Lex which were funny and revealing since I don't quite recall some events clearly. Never again we say! In the evening we had more fun but I ensured that I will distinctly remember it all this time with our karaoke carols and our dancing to 'Jingle bell rock'. We became quite hot really and so changed clothes later to do it all over again. My dress had a cute little mini cape attachment but its fasteners got jingled or tangled up with my necklace and so the cape had to go.

We should try to keep that happiness in our hearts that we feel from this time, keep it and let it grow, let it radiate and warm the chills of others.


Now let's look forward to the New Year and all the self improvements we wish for and all the new goals we will try to aim for in 2009.
Last September I mentioned that some business premises close to us had closed and we suspected that it may be another restaurant, especially after we'd seen some kitchens materials being delivered there. It opened last week as a Burger King so I guess there is no competition there for us. From all the different burgers I have tasted, Burger King is the one I like least.

I note Richard Gere is going to take the lead role in yet another Hollywood re-make of a Japanese movie. He already took a lead in the movie 'Shall we Dance' with J-Lo. This time he's taking the lead in the remake of 'Hachiko, a dog's story.' There is a statue outside of Shibuya train station of Hachiko, a dog that always met his master, a university professor, as he came home each evening. Sadly the old professor died but his dog still continued to wait patiently outside the station every evening, accepting gifts of food from passers by. The loyal Hachiko waited for another 10 years before it too died. This is a sad and very moving story and because of it, the name Hachiko has now become synonymous with devotion and loyalty.

2 comments :: Christmas Present

  1. SO nice to see that you had a wonderful time with loved ones.

    And if that is how Santa's elves are dressing now, think I am going to forward my resume to the North Pole.

    Loyalty comes in all forms whether it be a loved one or a friend and then associate that memory to that feeling. Being loyal to someone is innate in the fact it goes beyond that, it is a sense of security in the other, a trustworthiness you see in them that you do not find in any other. What is unique to me about it is that it does not have to be a romantic relationship and I think in some cases we hold it more dear than one. To find one that we can bond so close with that can share with them our most intimate secrets, fears and thoughts without fear of reprisal. I do not see it as love, even though that can factor into it, but something that transcends love.

    Very few of us have found that type of loyalty in life either from someone or in someone. I know that it is like respect, it is earned and it grows as any other emotional feeling does. If emotions could be compared to a deck of cards, I feel loyalty would be one of the aces in the deck.

    Later...

  2. Hi, SO nice to see you sing and having fun. Dressing like Santa's elves. If I am there I might dress like Santa(hehehe). It is so nice to read your blog. I can see and feel your happiness and sadness. When I am sad or tired, after I read your blog, I can feel that you were talking to me. I am so happy that you find your love of your life. Happy new year and may the best be with you both. If I ever go to Japan, will you both show me around. Last time, Jazz you did say yes when you don't have to work. Best wish to you both.

    Patrick

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.