I awoke in the darkness naked and freezing. She had the duvet over her and I was left exposed to the arctic chill that had crept into our room. It had not been present as we got into bed. It was quite passionately warm those few hours ago but sometime between falling asleep and waking after dreaming of jazz on ice it had come. Dragging back some of the duvet and cuddling up to absorb some of her body heat just got me an elbow in my left breast and a sleepy remark of "I'm tired Momo!" It was a fight to get half of it back but after a few minutes I got there and as an added bonus I got the part she had warmed. It took quite some time before I could fall to sleep again. Then no sooner had I closed my eyes than I was awake again by her running around because she was almost late for dance class. I closed my eyes again and suddenly it was ten.Fatigue always seems easier to deal with once you put something warm inside.
After I returned from Harajuku with our dresses I tried mine on and then hung them both for later. We'll take some card cover style photos of those later. The day seemed a little empty and I just sat looking at my blog for a long time. It's not although I didn't know what to write, I could think of a hundred things that I could start and offer my thoughts on but my obstacle seemed to be following on from my last post and that was the hardest thing. My cat looked at me and I looked at her and I thought I'll just make one small buffer post to keep us on-track and let you all know that I'm still here but I'm just in a quiet moment. I had time to wrap a few small gifts but I feel really tired. I know it has been too many hours these last three days and not enough sleep.
Saturday night in with the television!
How novel!
Hitomi wanted to go out but when she realized and understood how tired I was she decided not to go out either. I didn't mind if she wanted to go and told her but she decided that she was going to stay in with me. Such loyalty! Needless to say we had about six calls and six texts asking where we were. Hitomi went and hired the DVD, 'So close', which was funny and action packed and not really the kind of movie we can cuddle up together and watch, more like the one where she chases me around the apartment. I like Shu Qi, she's a beautiful actress.
Back soon.

Yes Momo, that is what happens when you burn the candle at both ends. Eventually you burn out and it all catches up with you. But I have noticed that you always seem to recover quickly, you remind of that little pink rabbit we have on commercials here for Eveready batteries, you just keep going and going and going...but I am happy you slowed down enough to get them recharged.
Ah the nip of winter in the middle of the night, getting caught with the covers down, I know that feeling oh so well. Of course the only thing that steals my covers is my chihuahua and she gets quite territorial with them at times. Better a bump in the boob than a bite in the digit.
Later...
Smiling Pig ©
December 14, 2008 5:19 PM