Day out

My initial thought was that I've woken up in a strange copy of the world that I walked before and everyone that I knew, although basically the same had changed in certain but detectable ways. Then of course I went to the other extreme and decided that the world had remained the same and it was I who had changed and would want to point my reason of blame of this to the fact that I'm minus several billion brain cells and my body chemistry has been drastically altered due to my medication.
I think now that both are true. I am a completely off-balance from the 'normal' (and I use that word with reservation) me and people have changed in how they act towards me.... for goodness sake, keep her calm!

In careful observation of this slightly changed behavior around me I have attuned my ears to selectively pick out key words from background conversations, words such as 'neurotic, depressed, anxious... and the most likely reason I do that is because I'm paranoid now.
Hiro drove and dad sat in the back with me. I note this also as unusual behavior because ninety nine times from one hundred or even more he would sit up front and they'd talk about men's things.
Point to note then is that I'm already suspicious because dad sits in the back.
I'm quite happy looking out of the window and chewing my coconut candy bar and chatting with dad about how how I feel after the fact that Hitomi and I didn't move cities when he put his arm around me and pulled my head to his shoulder. The right side I might add since I can't rest my head's weight on my left side yet without it causing a little discomfort.
In my lifetime I can still count the number of cuddles I've had with dad on my two hands so this is another note of suspicious behavior but it was nice. It was very nice indeed. It was a moment so ordinary for so many others but for me so rare that it was wonderful. I put my arm across him and savored the moment.

The space of the park and the warm freshness of the spring day made me feel happier once I stretched my legs out of the car and so I've decided that staying at home recovering is not good advice and I should supplement it with going out in the fresh air and feeling better inside. The lake with its luscious growth of water plants is an ideal location for enjoying an afternoon out and appreciating the spring. However I soon realized the folly of my going out too soon and not heeding my Doctors advice about staying home to recover. I was exhausted after only fifteen minutes of strolling about the lake.
So we sat by a small wall for a little while and then instead of me ruining the day I suggested we visited the children's zoo there. I had hoped that we could visit the main zoo but seriously I wasn't feeling so energetic. It's not just an excuse to go to the children's petting zoo, I still like it there.
And of course there was a shop there to buy more coconut candies.

I'm just taking things easy and I shall try not to let things irritate me especially when everyone is trying to be so nice to me.

5 comments :: Day out

  1. Day out is brilliant idea in your situation. Slowly you will get back your usual mood and start look at ordinary things with usual feelings about them. Irritation will dissapear =)

    I am glad your family is with you and care about you, your Dad's attitude seems to be very warm and adorable - I like your Father more and more!

    Please be careful, don't tire yourself too much and remember about optimistic smile. Future belongs to you and you can create everything you want. Imagine great Tommorow where you smile, don't have mood swing and don't like coconut again. The more you imagine what you want achieve, the bigger probbablity is that you will get it.

    Hugs Momo, take care.
    Ania

  2. Am glad ur home safe Jazz.
    You look well which is good. Recuperation just takes time and am glad you have a time to go out on a fresh air.

  3. I am glad to see you are recovering well with a goat(or two),Jazz. The goats I have encountered have never been too friendly. That first goat even looks as if it's posing for the camera.

    Quietman

  4. hi jazz

    just comming round to have a look at your blogs,
    sending my best whishes,
    to the unpleasent events happend
    recently in your life.

    take good care and good luck,
    net270g

  5. oh, forgot to send you a mixed-mood-recovering-song :-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mqhkuOF7s
    net

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.