Sometimes all you need is an icebreaker. It is extremely cold in the dance studios. It is the kind of cold that Antarctic penguins shelter from by huddling together in groups beneath the distraction of an Aurora Australis.These are certainly not the ideal conditions for making you want to sit and watch the choreography taking shape and your loved one shaking her body not only as a matter of dance but in an agitated effort to shake off the icicles and goose-bumps. The only loved ones and family that may stay to watch a few routines are the ones who came prepared and dressed in twenty three layers, brought a flask of hot soup and a portable heater
and took a three month acclimatisation period by vacationing in Siberia.
I know Hitomi seems to build up body heat so easily but what fuels her?I go do what I have to do and we'll meet in the evening and go somewhere for dinner and I'm hungry. I'm prepared to eat everything on the menu just for auderves. But she 's on a diet that's heading for zero size model or at best anorexic!
I shouldn't complain really because she does eat well if we are at home or downstairs in our restaurant. Perhaps that's a compliment?
I just can't imagine myself working it all day without a desire to replace a lot of those burnt calories.
It's been work, work and more work for the boys and girls getting ready for this week-end show and I feel very proud of each of them. I have a small part to play but not as part of the troupe. I get to make a few announcements and call out the winning prize ticket. Some of the local shops have donated some wonderful prizes and I'm hoping and praying that this week end will be a success.
Like Anpanman feeds the starving, I hope we can follow his footsteps and help where we can.
Some practice sessions....




You are probably one of the most active people I know. I have often wondered where you find the energy and the time. I honestly think that you have an extra hour on your clock. But it is how you spend that time that is commendable. To help others less fortunate.
We have a saying and I am sure you have heard it too..."There but for the grace of God go I". It is wonderful to see those that give so freely of themselves to others so that in some way they too can have a little hope, a little light in life.
We are rewarded for our deeds in life and I see yours richer than many...
Later...
Ron
Smiling Pig ©
November 21, 2008 10:49 AM