Perhaps some of us pay little attention to dreams or some look for a deep or esoterical meaning. I think I just accept the fact that some parts of my mind does things that the rest of me does not always understand. Perhaps rather than just relying on what my eyes or my mind's eye alone tells me I should allow my heart to interpret those things as feelings. Letting my heart tell me my dreams rather than any cold analytical mind might help me understand more. What would those scientists say about love as they look at it under their microscopes, some chemicals in my blood affecting my behavior?
I would rather hear it from the Poets and I'd give anything to hear their voice tell me the warmth of my dream rather than why it is I dream it. It seems that life is very often a puzzle and all the pieces will fit together in the creation of who we are and what we feel and even our dreams. Every experience we have will be one more daub of paint on our life's canvas. All the shapes come together to create the picture of who we are now and what we will eventually become.
Some of us seem to wish that life was easier. I just wish that it was easier for me to understand with a greater depth in its seemingly intricate and often perplexing complexities. It is asked how we can understand others if we cannot at first understand ourselves. I have spent a great deal of time in trying to do just that and attempt to understand myself and I'm still trying. Just as soon as I cry out "Eureka, I have it", then it all seems to change and I have to start all over again. Thankfully my core beliefs seem to remain intact and true.
I am often undecided whether to follow my heart or my dreams. Momma always said that I should follow my heart even when I thought it was my dreams that I should be chasing. I have found really that love and the happiness that love brings is in my heart and in my dreams too. All I ever wanted was acceptance, love and understanding. I just wanted someone to love me as much as I would love them.
What is this post? Is it one of those with soppy girly feelings that I occasionally offer?
You all know I'm a tough girl, a gay girl but still a girl. One who is aware of what's important and for me this is important. Sometimes I feel like I'm a great explorer and I'll eagerly set off on a voyage of self-discovery that millions have already sailed before me. In simple truth, some of it is still new to me as I explore myself and the world I find myself in.
In understanding myself, I have just said that I might understand others better. You can transpose that into thinking that by reading me here and understanding me a little more, you might well see some of your self reflected here and so you too can explore your selves.
It also occurs to me that being in love is like setting sail on another adventure, perhaps the greatest one we'll ever undertake in our lives. In love the smallest distance is sometimes just too great and yet strangely we all know that in love the greatest distance can be bridged. It is something to consider as I wish all of you happiness and love in your own voyages of self discoveries. Spring is certainly the season to feel it!
I have been out and chosen a nice little dress for my friend's wedding next week. You'll have to wait to see it!
~ ~ ~
I had a moment to chat with a dear friend of mine from China. I won't mention her name because she never gave me permission to do so. She mentioned that she often comes to read and excused herself for lack of comments but told me herself that she admired my writings.
It does not matter to me that she doesn't comment. I like that through my own therapeutic reasons of opening up my soul just a little and expressing myself in how I feel attracts readers to often view my page. I must admit thought that when she said that to me, I can tell you that inside I glowed. Simple words she gave me and that's all I needed to make it feel all so worthwhile....
Thank you my dear friend.






Oh, what a wonderful kimono! You look awesome Momo!
I like your dream. I have a lot of crazy dreams and I always anlize them when I wake up. Sometimes my dream show my fear, sometimes strange stories from my past with my friends and people who I know, sometimes its about my future. I believe that dreams have deep sense and hidden meaning - it's like a voice of our soul, don't you think? It's like a message from our "second-selves" if you know what I mean ;) Do you know that we almost every night dream 4-5 dreams??? Too bad that in the morning very often don't remember even one! Once time I remembered 3 of my crazy dreams from one night, but it was only once time. Dreams are still like unresolved riddle for scientists.
Yes, blogging is a journey on our thoughts, we discover ourselves better and we are getting new lands of our minds. It is the most beautiful thing in blogging and I think this is one of the most important reason for a hudge number of blogger which still increase.
Your Mom was amazing - She taught you following your heart to find happines, my mom prefer calculation and logic by mind. This one of the reason of our not very good relations.
I like the song "Cauth in the sun" :)
Kiss,
Anna
Ania
April 13, 2009 2:47 AMYou may wish to watch this Jazz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=related
A lady singing 'I Dreamed The Dream' from Les Miserables - it's from 'Britain's Got Talent' shown here on tv on Saturday night.
It was very moving.
Quietman
Anonymous
April 13, 2009 12:10 PMThank you Anna.
This style kimono is light and bright and informal, we call it a Yukata
Lots of people place faith in dreams and the interpretation of them. Some may read from a book what dreaming of the sea means... but does this sound logical?
Sea might be a symbol that has different meanings in different cultures. Also as an individual it may mean different to me than to my brother who dreams of the sea. To me it may represent the sound of the tide, the sound of peace, the sound inside the womb. To my brother it may mean the happiness of childhood visits to the sea and idealize his love of fishing.
By this reason alone any interpretation but be of an individual nature then.
My Momma was really the best, thank you so much for your kind words. If I try hard I cannot find a fault of which to wish may have been different if I could change it. Every look she had, every way she had, all that and much much more. If I grow to become only half of what she was then I will live a complete and fulfilled and happy life.
Glad you like the song too.
~~
QM thanks for the video, she has a powerful voice. I am familiar with Les Misrables and this song by Fantine (whoever plays the part)
Your talent lady sings very well and projects like a professional. I hope her dream to dream a dream becomes real.
Thanks for sharing.
Jazz
April 14, 2009 1:17 AM