A very public apology to my readers

Please allow me to offer you all my deepest and humblest apologies and please take relief in the fact that none of that last post was true.
I awoke on Wednesday morning with the intent of taking advantage of the fact that for many people across the world this is the first day of April or "All Fools day", a day where practical jokes are played.

I made my April's fool joke here on my blog that I was closing it and leaving you all. I of course tried to make it seem real and believable which is the point of some pranks.
At the time I made this post at 6:30AM it seemed funny and of course I put into the post my usual clues.

1 The visual animation is a girl giving a goodbye kiss and everyone "falls for it"
2 The opening paragraph is acrostic (meaning you read the first word of each line - see the picture of this post)

At 6:30 AM it did seem funny. Most of my regular readers know that I hide some things within my posts and I felt sure that some of you with eagle eyes would spot my clues. At 9:00 PM and three comments later I can see the error of my earlier thinking.

I can only say to you all that I am so very sorry if I have upset and emotionally hurt any of you.
It makes me realize that some of you actually care for me a great deal and what I said was actually painful for you rather than you seeing if I could be joking or not. This just makes my own sorrow and regret that I fooled you in such a terrible and hurtful manner much more painful for me.

I am so truly sorry everyone and please I beg of you your forgiveness.

5 comments :: A very public apology to my readers

  1. I wasn't sure whether you were being serious or mischievous, so I refrained from writing anything earlier today. I only noticed one clue where you said 'Fools rush in...'

    I'm glad all is not as bad as it first seemed. You were very convincing; the photo did look a bit staged though.

    Quietman

  2. I knew it was April fool's day today after reading the morning newspaper. When I read your post, I kind of suspected that you were playing a prank of some sort, especially after having a little chat with you yesterday.
    But I was in doubt and didn't spot the clues or hints. I didn't expect you to fool us on your blog! And yes, the "Fool's rush in..." kind of hinted to me that you might be joking and I had even googled that to see what it means and if it had anything to do with April fool's day. But none of the results indicated any connection. So I told myself that what you had posted might be true even though I wasn't 100% sure.

    I'm officially punk'd!

    But what a sigh of relief to know that you were really joking.

    Tigger

  3. ha ha ha ha

    I did not see your joke and I would be sorry to hear if you were forced into doing something. It would have been good to see you here in Hong Kong but it is all a joke!

    I was talking with Andrew and he told me how you had fooled him.
    I think its very funny.
    Good Joke.

    Take care Auntie.

  4. Geeze...

    Glad that it was a April fool's joke. All's well ends well...

    nora

  5. Kill me softly and sweetly CBG {pokes out tongue at you}

    QM you are as ever the quiet and reserved but observant one.

    Tigger, sorry to you but at least you can feel that relief that all is well. Happy fools day {smiles}

    Nancy Hi - please don't call me Auntie you make me sound so old Tee Hee!

    Noha I often see you call to my pages, thanks for saying Hi

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.