Controversy alert!
Honesty Alert!
Warning: If you are easily offended or considered a minor in your country: Please don't read the following Post! (But I bet you will!)
Oh my stars!
Honesty Alert!
Warning: If you are easily offended or considered a minor in your country: Please don't read the following Post! (But I bet you will!)
Oh my stars!
Look! There's that little three letter 'S' word again. Search engine spider-bots will crawl all over this page and after reporting their key-word finds I will inadvertently (?) attract readers who use those same search engines and who are looking for that same three letter word. Sex is many things really if we think more of it that just a word to define the gender difference of those of us who carry two 'X' chromosomes and you others who have a "Y" chromosome next to your "X" one.
Look Momma, Jazz mentioned that word!
What will you all think of me?
Sex is that fascinating attraction, that soft (or hard) seductive lure, that insatiable curiosity or that naughty thing we should turn our heads away from?
It is taboo and not to be talked of in polite circles. It is the biological drive in the animal world to continue the species and have the reward of our genes passed into the next generation. Did you notice how in that animal world there are set times of mating seasons where a male might follow a females scent for tens of kilometers just for the chance at that reward. Imagine then an animal that has no set mating period of the year. Imagine that it is for the whole year. Twenty five hours a day of an eight day week and three hundred and sixty seven days in the year. What a terrible time the males of that species will suffer being so preoccupied with chasing those tantalizing scents that he hardly has time for anything else (except beer and sports and fast cars)
Oh wait! That species is ourselves!(shock)
In many species the act of a sexual engagement is purely for the continuation and procreation. But in humans and some higher animals such as the primates and dolphins of the mammalian class, sex is also used as recreation a leisure activity and pleasurable pastime.
Note: I love how that English word "Recreation" means leisure and also means to create again.
For the record I'd like to say that this post's theme was inspired by my friend Anna's post on Human nature and also was a topic that caused an argument with an online friend of mine and also an interesting and personal conversation that I had with my dear friend Kuri. It also reminds me of one of my earliest sexual encounters with a lovely man who had an English language sex manual to guide him. It was a great shame that he was dyslexic and that he spent far too long looking for my vinegar.Thanks to my dear friend Garth for pointing me towards this video. So damn Funny! Thank you.
So on with my post:
Almost every culture on the planet has a taboo towards sex, some more than others so how do we approach it? If it's talked about in topical debate on TV it always seems negative in that there's too much of it being openly displayed and what dreadfulness are we exposing our children too with their young and easily influenced minds. Let's hide sex in the bedroom and close the door. Let's dismiss our child's question of "Where did I come from?" and let's conveniently forget that you and I both are the products of our parent's intimate moments. Sexual health is another topic that will cross the TV screens occasionally with those vague references to wearing protection to stop unwanted pregnancies and the transmission of sexual diseases.
My question to you has to be that how on Earth did such controversies arise about choices or when and how people have sex and who actually does it?
Like most things in our societies there are groups who pick out the most negative aspects of something which will perfectly suit its moral agenda so they can make their presentation and immerse us all in guilt as they tell us how bad and how naughty we all are and that for some, they will burn in a punishment filled after-life. These moralists are so convinced of how right they are that they filter the scientific facts and obfuscate any statistical evidence they collect to highlight their own credentials without regard to personal privacy, civil rights and even our enlightenment of scientific facts for all of us to learn from. Instead these moralists are the ones who promote such negativity and demand that in this regime of ours we should be protected from our own natural animalism and with that we stumble and fall over our own blindness.
Suddenly a man who is deeply and culturally immersed in the taboo's of sex and who is from within my readership audience shouts "Hey Jazz is trying to throw light on a subject that we've successfully kept in the dark for years. Let's hang her from a tree or burn her for trying to promote licentious behavior." With this one single shout, even the torch and pitchfork bearing mob of villagers who were determined to bring down Dr Frankenstein's castle with his monster and all, turned to hunt a new victim!
Was it in the 1960's that some the curtains drew open a crack and as we invariably peep inside from curiosity we note that this chapter of history is when we see parts of the world began to have a little more opening to sex? The publications of rather frank photographs in magazines held out of view in the news stands and books such as "The Joy of Sex" being made available so even a complete and utter novice could at least start to learn some truth rather than rely on the secretive whispers passed around at school. I can tell you quite openly that my school days sex education did not have much detail about human activity. I knew the names of the bodily parts. I knew the role of the male and what he did to us. I knew the physiological changes that happened in my body if and should I fall pregnant. I was even taught the moral expectations of the society of which I was born into. But the act of sex itself I only learned by seeing a few animals going at it. As I grew up I became very aware of how this urge in the male to copulate would affect my life. I think every mature girl who reads this will know exactly what I mean and I won't write exactly what I do mean because to many males it is offensive even if it is just truthful testosterone talking.
We know you like to hide or at least have us think that you control the nature of the beast!
At no time did I ever learn from any official source what my condition was. You can't imagine my angst at not being able to learn why I feel about girls the things I should perhaps feel for boys. But that's another story.
We can go back to before the 1960's and find Dr Kinsey in the USA in 1948 publishing a best seller called "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male" followed by another best seller in 1953, called amazingly enough, "Sexual Behavior in the Human Female".
"At last", we cry, someone, even if by vocation he was a zoologist, with the testicular fortitude to present the truth and offer it to the general population.
Jazz, truth is subjective. Many people were not happy with that truth and in fact counter claimed it as lies. I think that some people don't like the real truth and are more comfortable with their soft and gentle and idealistic fallacies that they've been fed from birth.
Yes that's a good point and that's exactly what happened to Dr Kinsey. His books were cold old fashion text books but they contained a great deal of scientific objectivity and as the truth was laid bare so to speak, the public were aghast, shocked and still intrigued! These books revealed that almost all men masturbated even though almost all men had been taught that it was wrong and that it was a depraved act and it could lead to disease or blindness. More shocking still was that we women also masturbated almost as much as men did. While they and we masturbated in private we all fantasized too. Such things as cunnilingus (my favorite) and fellatio and even premarital sex were exposed in these shocking books. Oh how the truth pained them. It probably pains you too to know what you and I are really like behind our idealized pious selves of such prim and proper attitudes that polite society demands that we wear in public. Shall I wait while you get over your shock?
Oh my God Jazz, I have never masturbated in my life. I would never dream of doing such a despicable act...
OK. It's fine! You can hide yourself behind moral indignation or some other form of face saving statements. Millions say the same thing and so very very few can actually mean it. So I'll go with the numbers and choose not to believe you. But now I know that the truth offends you, I won't mention it to you again.
Get lost Jazz, we're not sex addicts like you! You don't even know us and yet you accuse of this filth! (PS: Meet me in private later for a one on one discussion about this rather controversial topic. I think I have something you might like!)
Am I addicted? I think that I enjoy it as much as anyone and neither am I accusing anyone of anything, that's not my business. But my guess is that you fall into 99.5% of men on the planet or 93% of females on the planet that do find it necessary at times to feel that release!
Shock! Horror! Jazz my illusion of you being such a sweet and innocent girl has been shattered! (Cries)
The horror is that I bought this into the light rather than leave it where you prefer it, hidden in dark unknown places. But I'm a real person with real feelings and I'm not afraid of controversy and honesty. I'm also not afraid of who or what I am and obviously this post should declare to you all that I am not afraid of your judgment of me.
You of course know that's it's easier for you to admit to stealing or cheating or even sharing sex with someone else than say you do it when alone, right?
So if I tell you all and confess that I do it what will you think?
She's a brazen hussy, a harlot, a whore, a lesbo bitch with a hot pussy crying out to be filled?
I have heard it all before and to be honest with you I've paradoxically heard it from those people that I've rejected or refused an invite of an intimate encounter. If I tell you that I do it then I am simply telling you the truth.
I do masturbate. I do it when I'm alone and missing her. I do it openly and in front of her if she's not feeling like sharing sexual activity at that moment. We do it mutually for each other and you know what? We do a lot of other things besides and it's not depraved it is normal and what normal and gay couples do. Masturbation even satisfies the needs of single people because they have desires too. I have had relationships with males and so I consider myself to be fortunate enough to have some experience and understanding of both of our genders desires.
Yes Jazz, but we don't talk about it openly we keep it in private like you should do.
I have not given you any intimate details of what I do personally. I am simply revealing that I am not ashamed of the truth of the fact that I am a human being with normal feelings. The whole point of this blog was for me to express humanities strong desire for 'it' and our seemingly equal desire to 'hide it' and act out publicly how disgusted we are by such things in order to conform to our societies expectations.
If anyone is actually brave enough to comment about human sexuality I would rather they didn't lie, even though I understand that "your truth" may be substantially different from perhaps everyone else's truth or your truth may be the social norm of belittling me and my subject matter as you also attempt to deny your true nature. I understand also that with very many people, your sexual nature cannot be so easily stripped from your guilt.
Don't worry if you can't face up to the blatant honesty that I subscribe to here. You can just smile and walk away and you can post a comment to my last post or wait until the next one you if you have issues with this one. Incidentally they ran Dr Kinsey out of town too so don't feel too bad about any outrage or indignation that I've given you by publishing my honest thoughts on this topic.
I think later I'll cover more sub topics like contraception, fidelity and an insight into the world of true lesbian feelings rather than the 'designed by a male, for males' porno movies of two girls goin' at it!
But for now I'll content myself with a walk amongst the birds and the bees and since Hitomi isn't at home right now and after this topic I feel like...
I'm going to go into my bedroom and enjoy the company of my little rabbit.
How's that for brazen?

Did anyone look deeply into the reflection in my eye?

Nice post. I wasn't going to comment until I read your dare, "If anyone is actually brave enough to comment about human sexuality..."
I have an awful time turning away from a dare.
Everything you say is true, but I don't think you touch upon all truths of humans sexuality.
Regarding straight guys, I think you caracature us. I'd like to think there's a LITTLE more to me than an overwhelming animal urge to rut.
Also, tied up with the human urge to engage in the physical act of sex and the pursuit of the associated sensations, are the (I think) even more important emotional and psychological urges attached to sexuality.
Everyone wants not just to have sex, but also to be wanted...to feel desirable. To have our self-worth validated by another who wants to "have" us and will let us "have" them. There's an aspect of control too...the ability to do to another, or have them do to you. THAT, I think, plays a HUGE role in many people's egos and sense of self.
Regarding masturbation, is it really so taboo? I don't tend to discuss it, because I have no INTEREST in discussing it with men (Bleagh!), and with my wife (and with previous acquaintances) I'm much more interested in...alternate activities. When the topic does come up (and it does, sometimes) it's usually related in jokes that are true. For example:
1. There are two kinds of men: a) wankers; b) liars.
2. Ah, masturbation...when your wife's away, a necessity. When she's home, a luxury.
-Phasmus
Anonymous
April 04, 2009 6:14 AMMy dear Phasmus
I am so very glad that you did comment. Thank you.
You have a mind that I respect very much and the fact that you stepped out to comment, no matter the reason to do so, may open the gates for others, who have more than just a little reservation, to follow your brave example.
You are correct to say that I don't touch on all truths, I will say that I concentrate mainly on the one because above all others, this one conspires to offer us more guilt than many of the other truths.
I apologize for caricaturing 'straight men' and I agree that all men, both gay and straight have a great deal more about them than the sum of their parts and the single topical theme that I presented about them here.
The emotional and psychological urges attached to sexuality as you raise in your comment are not divorced from the act or the reason to act. Even the mating of lesser animals have the built in stimulus of reward in the pleasure centers in their brain for conforming to biological programming and continuing its DNA to the next generation.
In higher animals, especially ourselves who have the ability to reason, will also be rewarded by the feel of being loved or desired if the engagement of the sex is not a business transaction of prostitution. Even porn stars will take satisfaction that a good act will win them admiration.
Yes dear Phasmus it is taboo and as even as you word it " you have no interest in discussing it because of ...alternate activities" Suggests that the taboo is even present in one such as you, person with a great and respected mind but a product of your culture.
We are both aware that light hearted jokes can be an emotional guilt freeing way of casually mentioning something out cultures would prefer remain hidden.
I love those jokes. Thank you so much dear Phasmus for having the spirit and mettle to stand and offer us your thought and opinion.
I know how difficult it can be on this theme.
You have my respect.
Jazz
April 04, 2009 8:46 AMIf I have good relations with some persons and I know that they don't embarrase talking about sex I also like talking about it. Talking about those kind of things it's a trip to explore what we like, what are our expectations and it can help have better sex-relations with pur partners. I can only talk about it, haha! But, this or the other, when somebody talks to my "Oh stop it! It's disgusting!" I think that he or she has emotional problems, becouse for human sex it is not only satisfying instinct like for animals. We find in sex more than wild satisfaction, everyone want feel deep conections with partner and talking about what we like is nessesary to have emotional trips in bedroom. Comunication is main key to find satisfaction in sex for us.
So do not be like animal, let's talk about sex ;) Animal can only DO it, people can make it amazing experiance thanks to conversations.
I like your little provocation in the end ;)
Thank you for your poem to me! It is beautiful, I am gonna copy it to my computer memory, I would like to print it and put up above my bed, but unfortunately my printer is broken :/ I think I will be read it very often and I will keep all poem in my mind.
with love, Ania
Ania
April 04, 2009 6:38 PMBeing open about some topics will have different reactions from average group of listeners. Some with insecurities (and I don't blame them for these thing) will feel uncomfortable and some may react with denial or dismissal or disbelief. These attributes often hide the fears or taboos the hold inside.
Some may open and be prepared to learn from me and some others with a bravery may tell me open their idea too. This I love because from those people I too can learn.
The openness of sex talk becomes painful to my ears if it is same words repeated over and over. Of course my lover can say "I love you" over and over and I will never tire to hear those words. But like a man who tells the world "Hey girl sleep with me because I am good in bedroom" This annoys me because this literal meaning comes from immature mind.
The first sexual encounter with someone might be at best very average sex but perhaps the excitement of the first time with that one person will blind us to it. In truth I can say that sex between my lover and I is very great indeed. But this is not because I offer the world an empty boast. It took time for us to reach those heights because great sex means exactly what you say Anna. It is talking and guiding with your partner. Telling her (or him) yes I like that, no I don't like that. I think it better pleases me if you do it this way... and I of course learn what she (or he) likes me to do for them. As you said Anna, it is Communication of intimate topic with intimate partner that really the best moments can be savored.
Oh my provocation?
I am small girl but often with big mouth!
It pleases me that you like my small poem to you. The world of poets lies at an obtuse angle in the fifth dimension from this world of merely three or possibly four dimensions. Words may fail us at times but take time to seek the right one and how it may fit within neighboring words to create a feeling within a reader and you accomplish the conveyance of ideas and emotions not only around them like a hug but inside and through them to touch more than body and mind, to touch very core and soul.
I also thank you for sharing your poem of friendship dear Anna.
Jazz
April 04, 2009 11:59 PMBeing born in a Chinese family, discussions or conversations regarding sex is undoubtedly taboo to many. I don’t think I’ve ever discussed any sex related topics with my parents or any elders in this case and I don’t think I ever will. I am only able to discuss this topic with friends I’m close with or people I feel comfortable with.
Like you, the biology classes we had in school focused mainly on reproduction and sexual organs. And whenever the teacher mentions penis or vagina, most of the students will start wooing and whistling. I didn’t know much about sex until I finished high school. I remember that I didn’t even know what masturbation and condoms meant at that time. I would just sit there wondering what my classmates are chatting about and why they call each other “you masturbator!” and start laughing. Many would carry porn magazines around with them showing it around the classroom during lunch break. Honestly I wasn’t really much interested at that time and wasn't curious at all. I didn’t feel any urge to look at naked girl pictures or watch porn movies. I remember one time I visited a friend’s home while he was watching a porn film with a man performing cunnilingus on a girl. Strangely enough, I didn’t feel any sexual arousal but instead, I felt kind of disgusted.
It was not until I finished high school that I started enjoying pornography. I gradually understood what the term masturbation meant and started enjoying it. At first, I felt guilt and shame but as time went on, I came into terms with my body and simply accepted the fact that I needed to release my sexual tensions from time to time. I don’t deny that I love watching pornography and I certainly don’t deny that I do masturbate. It is completely normal and natural, as you said.
In Africa, many people do talk about sex openly and publicly and many schools have started to teach their students more about sex and its effects on our lives. Being a continent with the highest prevalence of HIV infections, sex education has become quite an important subject in the school curriculum. So probably in the future, sex talk will not be taboo anymore.
Tigger
Andrew
April 05, 2009 2:33 AMThanks for your brave honesty Tigger.
It was the same in our household. Nothing ever talked of or discussed or explained or taught regarding the act of sex. Although Momma shared with me what love was from a romance and duty point of view. I was told that once I became a wife, my husband would teach me anything that he thought that I should need to know.
My knowledge came from my very first relationship. It was one I had to keep secret because it was with another girl. She taught me many things about myself and pleasing each other. My knowledge of males came much much later and to be honest that was quite frightening because try as I could to do my duty and please him and at the same time repress my lesbian tendencies he still saw fit to abuse me with his fetishes.
Some of life's lessons are a pleasure to learn and some are not but learn we do!
I have no regrets.
Even the bad things in my life have taught me lessons.
We can commend that some authorities see fit to teach the subject but it took a rampant contagious disease to motivate this action and perhaps the underlying theme is "Don't do it! Say NO! The next step would perhaps be males wearing condoms but where can you obtain those in developing nations?
Sex will always be taboo as long as you have those with much influence and insecurities dictating the educational programme of a nation. The moral of many religions hold it back and the influence of these faiths spread into all other cultural aspects. This is the classic example of holding onto the past so the future wont change much. Progress becomes the crawl.
Let us hope that the teachers of sex education teach from biological point of view and not one such as Catholic missionaries who by the adherence to their faith, cannot recommend the use of any contraceptive.
Jazz
April 05, 2009 8:42 AMOh
my
god!
You actually did it. I thought you were joking as you sometimes do. Glad you used the video but I dont know how British humour is understood across the world.
I think tigger is right and its not about exposing your core beliefs to everyone but more a matter of who you talk to about certain things. I dont for one minute think I'd feel good discussing sexual issues with my parents or their generation. Funny enough I don't feel comfortable talking about it to my daughter. She's 17 and I don't know what her private life is and I don't know what sex education she's had. All I can say that I hope she knows enough to say no until she feels ready for it and she knows how to protect herself from getting preggers. At 17 my sole purpose in life seemed to focus around extracting girls from their underwear so I can guess she faces the same hunger from some of those around her.
Like Tigger I feel more comfortable talking to my social equals about subjects like this.
Next thing I want to say is that I'd feel easier talking about this on a one to one basis and I think having my words out in the public arena will affect what I write.
As a guy we also have another disadvantage. Before we start getting down to it we have to work up our excitement or have the anticipation of it give us our erection. But sometimes that damn penis just erects all by itself for no reason at all. I can wake up in the morning and there it is staring up at me. I get up and shower and go out and its easy to forget but if like a Sunday morning I don't have to get out of bed my hand can stray down there and...
lol you know the rest.
Ok thats me confessing my sins. Are you getting off on this?
lol I'm joking hun
I think this blog is a bit daring but I also think you made us confront our real self and our true feelings inside a little bit.
Yeah cool blog.
Regards to you and Hitomi san.
Garth
Garth
April 05, 2009 8:04 PMOh
my
stars!
Yes I did it. Don't you know by now I'm a girl of my word? But of course as we chat I joke a lot too so this fact enables me my "get-out clause" of for you and your perversions, get out my claws (laughs)
I thank you too for bravely speaking here.
Part of the reason of this post was exactly as i said when discussing my influence. But also please know that there is a psychological experiment here pertaining to comments.
As Phasmus and Anna saw there was provocation and this was deliberate. This won't entice all because I saw many many came here to read. many many press comment but so few press 'send comment'
For those who could not find a courage to comment, I would think no less of you. You abide by principle and ethic of your life.
But to those who found this openness in a place you did not expect to find it. Found bravery to explain your own feelings in public and also confront your own doubts and fears from within, I applaud you all and I thank you all so much.
Garth you daughter will find her own way, we have done so for thousands of generations so don't worry of that. All you need to know is that you let her know that you are there if ever she needs to reach out for someone. More so because like me she has no Mother to reach for.
So what you do on Sunday morning?
(Laughs)
Thank you for you kind regards.
Love
Momo
### I just notice and why I'm slow I don't know:
Phasmus post has 4 words of capitalized letters.
LITTLE THAT HUGE INTEREST.
Uncle Sigmund, here is another one.
Oh tie my arms behind me and put me in the soft room
I am touched in the head but with my arms restrained I can't touch...
Jazz
April 07, 2009 2:15 AM