Hanami

Also pretty in pink are the Cherry Blossoms.

We are the land of the rising sun but we are also affectionately called the land of the blossoming cherry trees. The cherry blossom tree is very sensitive to its environment and temperature. It blossoms in Okinawa in the far south as early as January and in Hokkaido, the far North, by May. Here in the Tokyo area we have it bloom within these weeks. We don't rely on the clock to tell us when spring officially arrives. Instead we rely on the fairy maiden to breathe upon the naked trees and wake them from their winter slumber. This tells us that spring arrives in her splendor. The media keeps us informed with the latest predictions of when she'll open for us and some of us usually have or make time to walk amongst her exquisiteness. I am infused for when I stand within her beauty, I too feel beautiful.
This is a moment to welcome spring but although I am happy to welcome her after a long winter I would like to share the welcome with my love. So here is the afternoon that I walk with admiration of the new season. Even the violets and other growing flowers gaze up in awe at such a sublime and lavish luxuriousness that perfectly frames a deeply rich sapphire sky.

As a child our whole family would be together and picnic beneath such efflorescence and I do miss those days and often relive them in my dreams. Despite the smiles painted across my face inside I feel as if my hands reach for the cold moon and open a box of sorrows. This year I have shared with two work colleagues but still I feel a little lonely. These spring days are much more important than the over-commercialized Valentines Day. Miss 'I miss you' stayed at the ends of the Earth longer than planned as the promotion was extended and from there shes gone straight to her next venue. Does it make sense that I miss her only when she's away? I also wonder is that a profound or obvious statement to your mind. I just think I'd like us to be together during the bloom because this is the time for togetherness with family, friends and lovers. Our restaurant has been decorated out with fake sakura branches and we are fully booked for the next several evenings with tables for two, bouquets and the sweet serenades of soft music.


Many people adore the pink and of course I like pink too, but I feel a lot of innuendo in that claim (Laughs). But the most respected of all the varieties of the sakura is one we call Somei which is white in color with a just a hint of a pink vein growing into the flower and a wonderful fresh yet rich fragrance. Breathe this on a warm afternoon and you will feel so invigorated that it becomes so easy to feel at one with the nature of the Earth.

There are no philosophies or thoughts from me today. Today is just a taste of my feelings which are at odds with each other. I have happiness for the season and of sharing it with a couple of work colleagues adjacent to knowing that someone very special is missing and doesn't share the moment with me. (Sigh!)

For today's musical selection I'd like something visual and of course something to say that spring has arrived. No other band in the world that I can think of at this moment can say it better than Kagrra. I get a spring fever just looking into the eyes of Isshi, the vocalist. After the bleakness and taste of adversity from the snow queen, what's better than spring to give smiles and hope once more? Cool gentle breezes & birds sing to welcome such a glorious respite.
I hope you can all enjoy the music & the new season.



Kagrra - Haru Urara (Beautiful Spring)




















Free Signature Generator

7 comments :: Hanami

  1. I know Kagrra! This the band of the same music company PS Company where is also Miyavi - my favourite guitarist ever ;) But I know he've laready decided to open his own company. The song is very nice!

    Oh, I thought that you like more pink cherry trees?? We have only white ones in Poland and pink cherry tree blossoming sounds very egzotic for me.

    Let's taste the spring. I am glad that you have sun in Japan :)

    ps: tell me, becouse I'll kill to know this information, can you make a sushi? Making this Japanese dish is for me completely unrealizable =) Probably for you it is piece of cake? ;)

    Anna, with smile like always.

  2. Thanks Anna
    Kagrra have been around for a few years and had a darker style before becoming glam rock Vijuaru Kei. This song is one of their last ones on PS company record label before going over to Columbia a few years ago.

    Yes we have Pink cherry blossom, See my album for last year.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/MomoJazu/Hanami#

    Sushi is not so difficult if you have the ingredient and the correct tools. Yes I make it sometimes but its easy to Google and follow direction. You can only try.
    http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Make_Sushi

    Yes we have the sun.
    Is it still Winter in Poland?

    We'll share warm smiles.

  3. Thanks for information.
    Maybe some day I'll try make a sushi on my own, we can buy every component to make it becouse all asian food is very popular now in Poland, we have a lot of sushi restaurants etc, but it is pretty expensive. And makin some special foreign dish is more funny than eat it in restaurant.

    We also have sun and days are very hot sometimes - we can feel the spring :)

    Hugs

  4. It's good to see that you celebrate the arrival of spring in Japan; it's not really celebrated here in the UK. Saying that, Easter used to be a pagan festival to mark the arrival of spring.

    I really like spring as it can offer beautiful blue skies with wonderful cloud formations as well as colourful blooms and blossoms. Both are ideal for my love of photography. I prefer the pink cherry blossoms to the white; I usually go to Calderstones park a few miles from where I live to photograph them. There is always a spring in my step at this time of the year.

    Have a nice spring, Jazz.

    Quietman

  5. Sakura don't do well where I live, too cold. The flowers in bloom always remind me of my stint in Japan. I'm reminded of big springtime festivals in small rural cities, and loads of families sitting on blankets by rivers, cooking out, sipping beer, chattering away and enjoying the weather. One of the fellows I knew would always have a few and start singing enka. He's sing a song with the line "Sa-ku-ra" over and over...and hum the part that usually gets played on the koto.

    It also meant that in 4-6 weeks, it'd be "CHO-MUSHIA-TZUUUU!" (at least in Yamagata-ben).

    -Phasmus

  6. Anna, if you really seriously 'have a go' I think it might be a great post on your blog. "The day I successfully made Sushi"

    Happy Easter QM. If you have a love of photography I wonder if you have an on-line album?
    I'd love to see images of your park. I have a deep appreciation of nature.

    Phasmus, this is the way it is in most places.
    Umm... let me guess your song:
    sakura sakura
    noyama mo satomo
    miwatasu kagiri
    kasumi ka kumo ka
    asahi ni niou
    sakura sakura
    hanazakari

    Am I right? I think I am. Children sing this every time.

    Thanks everyone. {Hugz to all}

  7. Oh, what a lucky guy with you on the last photo ;)

    Yes, definetely if I make a sushi I will post about it, haha!

    Kisses.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.