Across the universe



Was there a time when the entire world was very young and wizard's magic heavy hung?
Draped over mountains and castles old, drenched in rain and gloom and cold.
Oh fly my dragons, fly!

Perhaps it was the awe and wonderment of the child's innocent eyes and the happy pristine smiles as we immersed our selves in the wonderful warm colorful world of amazing new things and Momma's warm hugs.
Where did we lose it all?

A primitive or innocent new child in the world confronted by any sufficiently advanced technology will find that it is indistinguishable from magic.
Sadly I may feel at times that I have lost the magic and gained critique and cynicism.

Can I reach out and touch?.............

I have lost my head and I've lost my keys, I've lost past loves and I've lost the point. I've lost money and lost a job, I've lost family and friends and I still keep losing things as if there is a big hole in my life through which they slip. Some clever reader may comment that I've also lost my mind! (Tee hee!)
I have lost faith and in moments like that we also lose a sense of what's important..
I wonder do I fool myself at times in the holding on to hopes and dreams and as intangible as they are I reach out to grasp and to hold smoke in my hands as if it were a rope on which to hang on tightly. My hands clasp emptiness just like when we hold on tight to something in our dreams, we wake and look into our hands - is it there?

Loss I have decided is something inside of us. If I lose something special and valuable to me, then strangers won't notice it and they don't feel it like I do or as a friend could feel something and empathize with me. Only I and I alone feel it. I lost a Gold ring, I lost a lover, I lost my beloved Mother and yet there are still more things that I could lose.

What have I found?
I have found that 'found' is the opposite of loss. It doesn't matter what I found or how I found it or when and where or even how long it took me to find it, it is the polar opposite of loss. Loss is negative and it demonstrates itself as the impermanence of the world whereas finding something is an acknowledgment of the positivity and excitement of discovery.
Eureka!

A moment captured in a photograph. Time is frozen for the people in those photographs and their thoughts, their hopes and their dreams are held for as long as the photograph exists. A frame of a single moment captured and kept across the span of lifetimes.
Look at these two girls sharing tea over a game of 'five pieces'. This photograph was taken in the year of 1895. I wonder who these two girls were, what were they thinking at the time, what were their hopes and dreams. What moments were special in their lives, what happened to them?
Does any of this really matter? Is it a mere unimportant curiosity?
Then what of me or you?

One hundred and ten years hence, someone may find a photograph of me and wonder about my life. What did I achieve, was I happy? These are personal moments in all of our lives and none of it matters to anyone else and across five or six generations the only thing that will matter to them will of course be their lives and the moments they hold dear and look forward to. This is of course as it should be and I don't want to make anyone have a negative feeling on this matter, just perhaps the realization that we are not special and our hopes and dreams are fleeting things not captured in a photograph but captured across one individual lifetime and lost amongst billions of others and billions more past and present.
It's only the moment that counts so let's all live it.

Oh I miss my love. The apartment is larger, more spacious, tidier (laughs) and quieter. The hollow tones fall into silence and its all too unnatural.

Across the universe, across the vast dark sea of emptiness lies a few glowing islands. There are billions of stars in each one of these islands of light huddle together for mutual comfort. One small unspectacular little star lost inside one quotidian galaxy is infested with life. The human population spirals forever upward, seemingly uncontrollably and without many inhibitors. One of those billions of people is me and another one of them is you.
It's nice to consider ourselves special for a moment or lucky.
Astrologers of old once told us that our destinies were controlled by the stars. It seems ironic in a way that now mankind believing all is possible hopes one day to control the destinies of stars. Oh what fortune!

I am hoping for a little luck later. I have my health check and whether I will find a truth or suffer the impact of an imminent loss it will remove the uncertainty.
Take my doubts and replace them with knowledge.
Let me learn all I can and then turn away.
Let me find comfort in the runes, the ancient texts and lore's, the religions and the magic.

1 comments :: Across the universe

  1. Losing things is not that important, but losing people makes us realise how short life can be and makes us appreciate life and people more.

    Quietman

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.