Who made up all the rules?

My letter has sat untouched for a week and has had no alterations done to it at all. This proves to me that my first efforts of composition were the best and it came into being from my fingers in a true, pure and simple form. On Monday it will be delivered and as with most decisions in life, the future course of rivers will be changed. Drought and floods will change locations and my life map will witness a new topography come into being.




Jem - "They"

Have you ever watched those post nuclear war movies? Of course there is no nuclear winter or acid rains or life struggling to hang on. It's always an image of cool people in sexy leather clothes, driving in turbo charged wrecks of cars and trying to avoid the roaming bands of brigands. Totally unreal just for the sake of a story and we all love stories. These movies do portray one apparent accuracy though - the removal of rules and regulations and how we live outside of them. The world in the story and I suppose by a small stretch of the imagination, this world we live in now has individuals fighting over limited resources. As a citizen of my country I am protected by the state as long as I abide by its laws and regulations but in these post apocalyptic worlds there is no state and there are no laws. There is no one to impose such laws and so these small groups live by their own code. There is no property and anyone can take what they wish as long as they are able to hold on to it. Morality and justice are gone and the strongest and the cleverest survive. No one has to keep their word and if you don't take what you can when you can then someone else will come and take it. These are not the worlds of the polite and the generous. This is a world of competition for basic survival and self preservation. It makes sense to launch a pre-emptive strike against anyone you think is a threat to you and what you have. The 'state of war' exists even if there is no actual conflict because there is always the threat of it. In our imagined and very possible anarchy everyone has the right to self preservation by any means possible and I believe there can be little progress from such a state.
In our imagined and very possible anarchy everyone has the right to self preservation by any means and I feel this is the true nature but what do we do? We give up such total freedom in return for protection and security and peace. The state is born and we make our social contracts to live within its framework unless we are of the criminal class. Social insects like ants and bees also live in communities with each having his place and it is the way with each successive generation. Human beings however have the disadvantage of that over-sized brain again and we can reason. This reasoning allows us to find fault with the way we are governed and of course the way some people write their blogs. We are in competition for honor and dignity and that leads to envy, hatred and war. We see it in the 'hot-zones' of the Arab states in the news now. Ants and bees don't have reason and so live peacefully until threatened by outsiders and we make our own labels and tag our groups to define "us" as being part of this group and "them" being part of the outsiders.

Sitting at home with several constructive things that I could have been doing just left waiting, I remained idle in front of my computer and decided to once again tread the halls of insanity otherwise known as Yahoo chat. As un-moderated as it is you see the exact same behavior that I have just described in my blog reflected there. Although some individuals choose to be their nice, polite, social selves who want peace and simple and honest conversations with an exchange of ideas, ninety five percent of users realize that they are anonymous and can be their true anarchical selves. They can shout and scream their abuse to their perceived indignations and cast words to make a young girl blush at anyone to which they can point a finger of blame. Others who have established themselves in little groups may 'mob' and attack those they declare as different from the 'us' and yet others advertise themselves as desirable males hoping to attract a chat mate? They declare themselves as being rich or the constant male favorite of having genitalia longer than their pet camel’s. Even the sex act for some of these desperado's becomes camera to camera and mutual relief expressed across cyber connections.


My point of this little blog is that I am normally quite happy living in a framework of rules and laws until my path is suddenly blocked and I don't seem to have any alternate avenue. Then I start to wonder who made this rule and is there a way a single voice can change it? Then I walk on a path to reach that destination that is not a legally recognized one if my reaching the destination is important enough to me.
The North wind blows cold.

Even worse, I've developed a small rash that breaks out everywhere - even on my face. I wonder if I'm allergic to something?

Maybe it's blogging!

3 comments :: Who made up all the rules?

  1. Here are some remedies to treat a rash.
    http://www.iloveindia.com/home-remedies/body-rashes.html You could also consider drinking some lemon juice or cider vinegar diluted with water with some honey.

  2. Great! 4 paragraphs about the human condition - 1 sentence about spots! {sigh). I have cream!

  3. Spots are part of the human condition : ).

    Besides if I asked you what was in the letter, would you have told me ?

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to comment. I love to hear your thoughts and opinions.