I loved that place with my contacts and messages from friends, my news feeds, my photos and my blogs, my all important blogs. It was so wonderful in such a small way but it seemed to fill an important little niche in my internet life.
Then it all started to go wrong and systems failed and the so called 'public image' of Yahoo 360 tried to placate us and the help forums tried to be as helpful and as positive and as problem solving as they could. Yahoo 'MASH' came and was compared to the 360 as a possible replacement but no one liked it and it eventually faded and closed.
It was during this time that a friend of mine suggested Multiply as a possible alternative. I went enthusiastically and enjoyed it for a short time but somehow it didn't feel right and I felt uncomfortable there and so I closed it and looked for an alternative place for my internet home.
Blogger.com was ideal. It felt right and the tools were there to make it a pleasure expressing myself and writing down all the rubbish that crosses my conscious mind and some of the events that fall into my life here.
I have received notice in my Yahoo mail that Yahoo 360 is finally closing and bring an end to the suffering of its members and also their pleasures. It had promised to close at least twice before and so this third time of its threat of closure I think is its final death throe. It was created to compete with Myspace and Facebook and as much as we users loved it, it could not compete and so it has finally fallen like the mortally wounded but brave and loved soldier it was.
July 13 will see it past into internet history and be no more. I shall remove my link on this blog to it and I'll see another door closed.
Did anyone ever see that movie "Sliding Doors" with Gwyneth Paltrow?
In this movie, those of us watching these parallel lives, one good life and one bad one, can see the difference that one moment in time can change. She got on the train and her life changed for the better opposed to the fact that the version of her self that missed the train, became worse and worse until....
For the sake of the movie and for the story we see it and appreciate the differences. However in our own lives we either catch the train or we don't and our one single life progresses from that one moment that in turn is connected to the next moment and the next choice we make.
The Future is an impossible contemplation but think back. Think back to a moment that changed your life.
For my example, sitting in a theater of my own choosing and I simply chose it because of the title of the play and of it being based on Shakespeare's "Comedy of errors." A ploy of mistaken identity which for some perverse reason always haves me laughing. I could have chosen any theater in the city at all for my work related article on 'nightlife and the stage', but it was this one and at that time. Sitting comfortably with programme in hand I was highly entertained and I did laugh and I enjoyed the play immensely. Each and every actor gave a fantastic performance. I actually went in and watched it again and again on successive nights but not because the play was that good, although admittedly it was brilliant, but because of one actress in particular. An interview with her and several more private and personal encounters later, which she kindly allowed, led on to a solid and strong relationship between us. These times then have become the best and happiest that I have ever had in my life.Had I not chosen that theater or made contact or opened my heart to her than we all know that I would have missed that train and my life would have been very different. It was thanks to her that I got my present position with this company, that we've met such wonderful people and have a great time at our local bar because before her I had never been there before.
Pick a moment in your life and consider the fact that if you didn't do what you did, or go where you went .... you would not have met... or been offered....
Every day doors open and doors close and the choices we make forever changes the route we walk into future days. We should have no regrets because although if we had done something different and our lives could have been better, it could also have been much worse.
My appointment at the hospital took away my afternoon and as impatient as I am with these matters I have to await results of all the tests.
I phoned Hitomi and told her every thing's fine. I phoned Dad and told him what really happened. I get my impatience from his genes but I also get logical reasoning from them. I looked at my Mother's photograph and I felt her smile, I get my inner peace and tranquility from her and I also have her looks.
I am thankful and I consider myself very lucky to be brought into the world by two such wonderful people.
Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns.
It calls me on and on across the universe!
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns.
It calls me on and on across the universe!
Note: I do not have the permission of the actors/actresses who appear in the image with Hitomi to publish this on my blog. If they or their agents or legal representatives have any objection to such publication - please contact me and I will remove it. Thank you.

I do not have one defining moment in my life that changed it for the better or worse, apart from the time I met you and April in Yahoo's China chat(just kidding). I won't really miss Yahoo 360; it seems to have died quite a while back. i occasionally chat on live video sites these days.
Maybe that moment is yet to come, who knows ?
I hope the news from the hospital was positive.
'Across The Universe' is best left to the Beatles :).
Quietman
Anonymous
July 05, 2009 11:20 AMAbout one year ago I felt deeply that I want my life looks different and I should improve many things to satisfy myself and find happiness. We can't do it 'just like that' and the best way is making little steps everyday. Sometimes we are able to achieve something bigger (for me it was new chapter in my life - studies), but we must appreciate also small achievements: that we lose weight (wink!), that we learn something new in relations with other people. It sounds simple, but it is the most difficult thing, because we are lazy human creatures (haha!) who created many conveniences for our own comfort and to make our life easier. It is hard to pick up one moment which changed our life, because every little change has importance and many little steps create a path to bigger achievements when we feel masters of our life.
Tell me more about result of all your tests, I hope everything is fine. For now the best thing I can see that you have perfect attitude as always and I know you are able to cope with worse results too.
Hugs.
Ania
July 06, 2009 8:26 PM